Anime and Manga Thread.

Supersuavesky

For those who are getting bored of Dragon Ball and One Piece, I got a show for you. 

My Hero Academia (Boku no Hero Academia) is LIT.

I'm not really a fan of Shounen shows because I think they get a little to tropey and predictable but even I got to admit this series is awesome. I'm working on the second season right now and it just keeps getting better and better. It's on Funimation for free and the third season is about to start airing next month. Again it's not my usual fare but I am really digging this show right now. Also, the dubbing is pretty good. 

• Like 2

Dragon ball super is mad sex right now! 

Just finished the series episode 131 and it’s worth the grind. OH MY GAWD!!!!

I had to watch the jap version which was super lame! But the soundtrack was fuego and Freezas voice is >>>>> so good.. It’s awesome and can’t wait till like dec when it’s fully in English. 

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite anime of all time Steins;Gate had it's first episode of its sequel Steins;Gate 0 air today. 

I'm super hyped because I thought Steins;Gate was one of the best anime of all time, but after playing through both of the VN's I realized Steins;Gate 0 is going to be even better. I'm beyond excited for this show. 

I didn't realize there's a sequel coming out. I'm ready for it.

I'm currently watching Assassination Classroom, and it's really very good. Well done, depth to the story and completely absurd a lot of the time. It's a weird balance that they pull off well.

And with my wife I'm watching Is It Wrong to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon. I've already seen it, but I really enjoyed it the first time and I thought my wife would too. Thus far that assumption has been correct.

You have to watch episode 23B before you watch the sequel or your going to be confused as hell. You'll need to look around on the internet to find it somewhere though.

Crunchyroll already has the first episode up.

I've been meaning to watch Assassination Classroom but I haven't found the time for it recently. Been busy with some live-action shows and My Hero Academia. 

I just finished all 10 Miyazaki-wirtten AND directed Studio Ghibli movies. Here's how I rank them:

1. The Wind Rises - Very powerful, real-world film

2. Porco Rosso - A fun movie. His most underrated.

3. Princess Mononoke - Very well-done. Some intense moments.

4. Spirited Away - Grandiose, but plot is a little thin

5. Naussica: Valley of the Wind - Pretty Good

6. My Neighbor Totoro - His most overrated film

7. Castle In the Sky - OK

8. Kiki's Delivery Service - Not bad. Does nothing for me.

9. Ponyo - I don't see how this appeals to any non-child.

10. Howl's Moving Castle - A couple of interesting things, but kind of a messy and incoherent movie.

• Like 2

The further I get into Assassination Classroom, the better it gets. Down to the final 13 episodes or so, but it's just really really well done. Even with the massive pivot that just happened they did so in a way that made a ton of sense and created so much depth for the characters. The show is one that I thought was just going to be dumb fun when I started watching it, but it's turned into such a great show with so much more than just goofiness, though it has a lot of that as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the first season of Assassination Classroom. Honestly, it's a 5/10 with 5 being completely average. I liked the teachers but none of the students were very interesting and there was a general lack of character chemistry.  Also, none of the comedy really landed for me it was all just meh. And for an anime called assassination classroom, you'd think there would be a little more killing going on. It just ended up being kinda shounen-y which with the exception of MHA isn't something I really like. Plus I hate protagonists with crazy anime color hair, IDK why but it always bothers me.

This show just felt like a lesser version of Great Teacher Onizuka. Granted I only read the manga but from what I understand the anime is just as good and the manga is the second best manga I have ever read. I would really recommend GTO to anybody who likes a comedy-drama or enjoyed Assassination Classroom. It's really amazing.