We should be happy! Jay Gruden finally got to pick his QB!

I would agree with what you just said Lavar 99% of the time but this is the 1% I can't. I agree with the fact the way the contract situation was not handled the right way 2 years ago. But what I can't let go of is last year Cousins wouldn't negotiate a long term deal because his feelings were hurt I guess, he also would not return any phone calls to the team this year either. I still believe that this team is closer than it seems and that is why signing Alex Smith was a smart move in my worthless opinion. I get it when people say Kansas city was going to cut him anyway so we should waited for that. Makes sense to an extent but there are 4 other teams that want Kirk and are not going to be able to get him. If we wait their plan B may have been Smith. If we made the mistake in some fans eyes with Cousins ( not making him feel wanted), why wouldn't we want to make Smith feel wanted and do it as early as possible. Make him feel like plan A and not plan B.

After my rant there all I'm trying to say is we lost our homegrown qb and a really good corner because Kirks feelings were hurt 2 years ago. I usually get over stuff a heck of a lot faster than he is showing he can and I get pissed at least once a day and make a lot less. I'm tired of the premadonnas. 

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It never felt like we had all the pieces for our Head Coach to be successful.

He had to "roll with" what we already had on the roster @ the QB position.

Both Griffin & Cousins were inherited QB's for this new NFL head coach. He had to make best of a situation not totally in his control.

Now, he gets to use his Offense to mold with Alex QB abilities.

Which is very good mobility, very good accuracy & mistake free football finally.

This alone, should do wonders for our Defense.

Maybe I'm alone, but I'm excited & optimistic for the future with Alex Smith at the helm.

And maybe, just maybe, we can finally keep a head coach here & have a resemblance of stability.

Hail To The Redskins!!

I like your positive waves. 

I too am interested to see if Gruden can ever be more than a bottom feeding coach. 

This year should prove this as you say- its all on him now. He has his own QB, now take us to the Super Bowl or you failed. 

Vito in Vegas would advise you not to bet your house on Gruden or the Redskins finishing any higher than third in a four team NFL east. And smart money has us in our normal bottom position. Philly is the favorite, Dallas is second and we are fighting with the giants to see who is going to be sucking hind teet

Eagles keep improving and adding pieces. We let walk whatever talent we did have in exchange for the hope that former college qbs can catch, senior citizens can throw, or draft picks that pan out.

Just feels like every team tries to improve but us and the Browns. So Jay got to pick his qb? And combined hes no better than 5th in the NFC East atm at qb. Then depending on what the Giants do, could drop even lower.

I'm hoping we put the pieces in place, for Alex to be successful. I think the FO knows this as well, because we keep hearing how they're going to be aggressive. (At least, I've read this)

I believe with a legit RB, a downfield threat at WR & a partially injury free season? This team can make the Playoffs.

I was so tired of losing the season opener with Cousins at the helm. It was routinely tiresome.

Alex goes to Foxboro & crushes the Patriots in his season opener.

I'm hoping we can rid ourselves of the Cousins stench of season openers.

See that's 1 extra win already & we haven't played a game yet! Lol     :D

The point is...Alex may be exactly what this team needs.

After all, when we win Super Bowls? It isn't with a 29 year old home grown QB. (unless his name is Sammy Baugh or Joe Theisman)

It's with cast off QB's who are on their last legs anyways. (See Doug Williams & Mark Rypien)

Hell, I think Billy Kilmer was old in SB 7. I'll have to check...I'm rusty on my redskins knowledge...lol

Point is...We've always done better with vets!

Keep your heads up, guys.

Yea, after searching...im going to Vegas! Lol

Joe Theismann was 34 yrs old when we won SB 17. 35 when we lost SB 18.

Billy Kilmer was 34, when we lost SB 7.

Doug Williams was 33, when we won SB 22.

Mark Rypien was 30, when we won SB 26.

So it looks like you guys better buckle up!

We're in for a big year! :D

After further research, I'm definitely going to Vegas now. Lololol

Want to know some info that's truly remarkable?

So I was curious about the ages of a few of our QB's and decided to look at their actual birth date.

Decided to look at all of our Super Bowl QB's.

These are all the dates of their birth. Tell me what you notice....

Theismann=September 9th

Kilmer=September 5th

Williams=August 9th

Rypien=October 2nd

Answer: They were all born, on a single digit birthday.

So just for kicks, I decided to look up some other previous vets that played for us including Cousins.

Brunell=September 17th

McNabb=November 25th &

Cousins=August 19th

I don't believe in coincidences!

ALEX SMITH=MAY 7th

8 hours ago, Eric said:

Jay Gruden ain't a bad coach, we've had a lot worse here. So much hate from people. I don't understand it at all.

I agree , He isn't bad and he found out about Mcvay as well . Gruden has a good eye on offense and played a hard schedule .

Im excited that Alex Smith is here and maybe Gruden can feel comfortable . Idk we will see .

16 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Our roster terrible ?.

Not sure I would say it's "terrible," but it certainly isn't good.

On offense:

• We have no starting left guard.
  • We have little to no quality depth across the rest of the offensive line (Ty Nsekhe is the main exception).
  • We have no #1 wide receiver.
  • We have no clear starting running back.

On defense:

• If we go with a three man front, we do not have a nose tackle.
  • We have no go-to pass rusher (whether that is for a three man or a four man front).
  • We have little to no quality depth across the rest of the defensive line.
  • We have no starting inside linebacker opposite Mason Foster.
  • We have no clear starting #2 cornerback.

Archived