Browns trade for Tyrod Taylor

49erurtaza

Tyrod is a bad choice for a bridge QB.

Because if you draft Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen, then Tyrod makes little sense. Those guys need a complete different offense to him. You either create an offense to suit the rookie, in which case Tyrod will be terrible. Or you create an offense to suit Tyrod in which case the rookie completely suffers.

A bridge QB has to bridge. And that includes the design of the offense.

Tyrod is a niche style QB, he is only a bridge on certain specific styles

1 hour ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Tyrod is a bad choice for a bridge QB.

Because if you draft Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield or Allen, then Tyrod makes little sense. Those guys need a complete different offense to him. You either create an offense to suit the rookie, in which case Tyrod will be terrible. Or you create an offense to suit Tyrod in which case the rookie completely suffers.

A bridge QB has to bridge. And that includes the design of the offense.

Tyrod is a niche style QB, he is only a bridge on certain specific styles

Cleveland trades the 4th pick and then trade up to #22 to take Lamar Jackson.

43 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

No. Settling for Tyrod is settling for never winning a SuperBowl. I'd rather roll the dice and risk losing, but having a chance a real success versus accepting 9-7 every season with zero chance of a SuperBowl.

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. I don't think it's hard to tell that Tyrod is not the long-term future at QB. He's simply a bridge QB until whoever we draft is ready to take over. You don't like Taylor? Fine. You don't like what Cleveland gave up to get him? Fine. But having Tyrod on the roster doesn't prevent us from drafting a QB in the first round to be the long-term answer at QB.

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Which is before you said "Because maybe none of them are polished? Because you find red flags in the most pro ready guy?". And I'm asking you if any of them are capable of starting for the Browns opening day, not making a statement myself that any of them aren't. You don't think there is one in this draft that can do that? 

You say there are a ton of reason why a team wouldn't draft someone that is more pro ready guy over the raw-guy. Ok then. Alex Smith was more pro-ready than Aaron Rodgers you say...who was taken before Aaron was drafted...okay...so was that supposed to support your statement of a team having reasons not to draft a more pro ready guy? I don't get what you brought that example up. 

And that was in response to the simple solution of “just draft the one that can start on day one”, which isn’t easy and isn’t always the right decision. 

“Capable of starting day one?” Yes, obviously. Even DeShone Kizer is “capable of” starting for the Browns. But there’s reason in the idea of a player not being thrust into action before he’s ready. 

I brought up Smith/Rodgers to exhibit how the more polished quarterback isn’t always the best quarterback- which is perhaps why the Browns don’t just draft a guy they think can play well right away (if there is one).

35 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. I don't think it's hard to tell that Tyrod is not the long-term future at QB. He's simply a bridge QB until whoever we draft is ready to take over. You don't like Taylor? Fine. You don't like what Cleveland gave up to get him? Fine. But having Tyrod on the roster doesn't prevent us from drafting a QB in the first round to be the long-term answer at QB.

He is only a bridge if you get a suitable QB who he can bridge to. Taylor is a niche style QB. It's not a case of liking or not liking him. But finding bridge QB who actually suits the QB you will draft

51 minutes ago, Elky said:

Cleveland trades the 4th pick, trades up to #22 to take Lamar Jackson.

22 is the Bills right? Bills trade 21 & 22 for 4 overall, Browns have 21 and 22. You have to take Lamar at 21 purely for superstitious reasons.

34 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

22 is the Bills right? Bills trade 21 & 22 for 4 overall, Browns have 21 and 22. You have to take Lamar at 21 purely for superstitious reasons.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Browns did something like this; Jackson is a big dark horse. They've signed RG3, drafted Kizer relatively high, had Hogan at second string and have now traded for Taylor. Hue clearly wants someone who can make plays with their feet.

4 hours ago, Elky said:

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Browns did something like this; Jackson is a big dark horse. They've signed RG3, drafted Kizer relatively high, had Hogan at second string and have now traded for Taylor. Hue clearly wants someone who can make plays with their feet.

Then passing on Watson seems like a particularly bad decision

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Then passing on Watson seems like a particularly bad decision

Well, this is an organization that drafted Johnny ****face because a homeless man said so after paying $10k for an analysis that said draft Teddy Bridgewater.

7 hours ago, paul-mac said:

The Bills would need more than that even on the Jimmy Johnson value chart to get the 4th pick. I can't see Buffalo trading 3 1st/2nd round picks and potentially more to move up that far.

9 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

No. Settling for Tyrod is settling for never winning a SuperBowl. I'd rather roll the dice and risk losing, but having a chance a real success versus accepting 9-7 every season with zero chance of a SuperBowl.

you say that until your team goes 0-16

2 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

Thought this was a decent trade until I realized Tyrod is on the last year of his contract. What a fail lol

how is it a fail? Browns dont need him for the '19 season, whoever they draft #1 overall will be the starter by then.

They traded a 3rd rd pick and they will prolly get a 3rd rd comp pick because they lost Tyrod in Free Agency. 

Browns need a QB that could lead the team. Needed a QB who wont turn the ball over unlike Kizer and can make plays with his arm unlike Kessler. 

He will also help create change the culture in the locker room. Have always heard nothing but good things about him as a teammate. 

He is also good enough to start an entire season, allowing the rookie QB to not be pressured in to playing his first year

Archived