Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, Packerraymond said:

So let's just start Rollins or Pipkins then?

That's not really what I was getting at.  I'm just asking, are we really better off throwing a ton of money at an aging cornerback whose probably not worth their contract?

A. We traded a starting corner which is our worst position for a developmental backup ******* QB.

B. Gute is a retard.

C. This is karma for Ted haters and Madden fans who wanted tradezzzzzz.

D. Screenshot_20180309_175848.png

Just now, moretti19 said:

I don't know how Randall could possibly be your favorite packer, he constantly was stiff armed to the face and got a couple very lucky interceptions. I actually really like the trade the more I think of it. I want corners not afraid to tackle and don't look like a pip squeek with the baggy jersey.

Don't be that person.  There's no such thing as lucky interceptions.  Unless two receivers sandwich a defender's hands around the ball and hold the hands sandwiched onto the ball while the player goes down, then they force him to hold on, there's no such thing as a lucky interception.

Don't start this revisionist history crap.  Randall was not a pip squeak who avoided contact. 

tumblr_oi1mgiKf0k1u2sooko1_400.gif

?width=500&version=2357358

That avoidance of contact?  That a lucky interception? 

Give me an effing break. 

I’ll feel better in two weeks when something equally unbelievable happens and we sign both Sherman and Johnson.

In all seriousness though, now that the initial frustration of seeing what we got for him has passed, I think we’ll  be okay. I still really don’t like this move at face value but it does act as a guarantee that major changes at the position are coming.

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

My best guess? Randall is a fragile, sensitive dude. During their discussions with Pettine (who Mike D describes as an intense, fiery guy) he might have said he's not going to tip toe around Randall and his feelings when he coaches him up. Mac and Gute thought this probably won't work. I mean the one time Whitt really got after him he stormed off the field. 

This tells us one thing for sure, this isn't the only move. Jordy, Cobb, Bulaga or Matthews should all have an un-nerving feeling. We're going to make space for a CB.

They may like Jeremy Lane and or the CB in Jacksonville (Colvin?).

Its also interesting because Pettine said he would get coverage when he and Rex really didn’t have a CB on the roster. Looks like they are going to test you on that claim Mike!!!

What a truly awful trade.  We're substantially worse after this trade.  I'm not a big Randall fan but he was EASILY our best CB last year and we just traded him for a down grade at back up QB.  

I can't wait to hear GB put lipstick on this pig.  

Dorsey and Wolf have to be laughing right now as it's like stealing candy from a baby.  They just unloaded a QB who showed nothing last year, a guy whom they knew they didn't want for a starting caliber CB.

Just now, Green19 said:

Its also interesting because Pettine said he would get coverage when he and Rex really didn’t have a CB on the roster. Looks like they are going to test you on that claim Mike!!!

Jeremy Lane would get murdered by our locker room first day...

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

If they seen Randall’s personality as a bad enough problem to basically give him away, there’s no chance in hell we’re signing Lane.

I may be in the minority here but I really like this move.

Kizer is the best QB prospect we've had on the team since Rodgers was drafted. I think this is the kind of QB Mac can really turn into something.

Clearly they are not going into the season with King and UDFAs in the backend. They obviously didn't like something going on with Randall and they improved the back-up QB spot much more efficiently then signing Fitzpatrick or McCown or some other junk for 6 million. 

I like it. 

Archived