Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Somebody bump the Thompson was replaced thread and you'll see I was warning everyone to be careful what they wish for while everyone else was celebrating.

@ Everyone who was screaming for Thompson to be fired... Happy now?  We just traded a first round corner who had 10 interceptions and 2 touchdowns who started thriving in the slot towards the end of the year for a quarterback who had 11 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.

But it's okay because we swapped 4th and 5th round picks.  So it's okay.  It's okay.  Those 4th and 5th round picks are going to really help us out. 

Just now, ReadyToThump said:

I guess we're looking past the Rodgers era? Writing it in?

Doubt it. You trade a head case, that yes, has some upside for a developmental project and a guy who could probably be better than what we already have as a back up QB... Not saying they don't do more to these areas, but I am going to sit back and let this GM work. This is not the last move. 

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

I get the feeling they knew they wouldn’t resign Randall and figured to sell high on him.

They get a young QB they like.

Wonder if they have a CB targeted in free agency. Or one in the draft high.

Yep. Exactly this. They didn't plan to bring him back and didn't particularly want him in the room for a lame duck year.

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

So we gave up a starting CB for a 3rd string QB...all because MM doesnt like Randalls attitude.

I think it has more to do with Pettine tbh.  Doesn't he like his corners bigger and more physical than Randall?

Archived