Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

I think I speak for all of us when I say, settle the eff down.

source.gif

Randall was seriously close to becoming my favorite Packer.  I'm mad.  I get that I need to calm down, but I'm not going to.  I will compromise and stop pulling the all caps crap. 

I'm very, very, very, very upset about this. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I think this is a pretty good deal overall ... decent value at least.  They must be big believers in Kizer.  Randall was a knucklehead, so I doubt he was in the long-term plans anyway.  We've got our work cut out at corner now, so that will be interesting to watch play out.  I bet we go big in free agency for at corner.

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Doubt it. You trade a head case, that yes, has some upside for a developmental project and a guy who could probably be better than what we already have as a back up QB... Not saying they don't do more to these areas, but I am going to sit back and let this GM work. This is not the last move. 

Satire. I can see why they did it. But at this premature point, I totally disagree with the move. I want to win now. This move regresses my want. 

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Wonder if they have a CB targeted in free agency. 

They have to, if they only did this to draft another one, it's a mistake. Not saying drafting one high is bad, but this kind of move has to be telling they're gonna do something.

Horinzo and I may not see eye to eye very often but when we agree, boy do we agree.

I haven’t felt this sort of panic about this team in a long while. Whatever we decide to do to justify this better be good and it better already be set in stone because our current corner grouping isn’t anything a professional roster should field.

27 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Can’t say I’m all that bothered by this pending compensation. Randall is certainly replacable. Just need to have a plan in place with this in mind.

Thank you, finally someone that isn't sounding like a vj. Oh my gosh, I'm sure there is something behind the madness of trading away a average at best starting CB, who at times looked ok but other times looked brutal. 

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think this is a pretty good deal overall ... decent value at least.  They must be big believers in Kizer.  Randall was a knucklehead, so I doubt he was in the long-term plans anyway.  We've got our work cut out at corner now, so that will be interesting to watch play out.  I bet we go big in free agency for at corner.

I mean, I'm not sure there's any great reasoning for this deal.  My guess is they didn't feel that Randall was going to fit long-term, and wasn't going to sign him to an extension.  I think the Pettine hire motivated this deal.  They get a long-term asset in DeShone Kizer whom they were reportedly really high on and were considering taking at 33 last year.

Archived