Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

Just now, Shanedorf said:

They moved Kizer because they didn't want another developmental QB

They traded for Taylor who is the vet bridge QB and they'll draft a QB at the top this year. Kizer had no role

Exactly. Taylor's probably the game one starter with the rookie learning the ropes. Maybe....I guess.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

He played worse on a historically bad football team, with a Head coach that threw players under the bus as a ROOKIE at 21 years of age. You guys are reading FAR too much into this. It's hard enough being a rookie QB coming into the league alone. There's still room for Kizer to develop and develop into a nice player at that and for those saying Randall was a "starting cb" he showed flashes but that's all he's done his entire career in GB so far is shown flashes but he's also made me want to vomit in my mouth at times as well. Let's not pretend that he was an elite CB that we traded for penny's on the dollar. He was worth a quarter and someone threw us 2 times and we'll all bitching that we lost a nickel on the deal. Pun intended.

Nobody is pretending that Randall is elite, or anywhere near that level.  I thought he was an ascending player.  Randall has shown good and bad play, I would argue that he had 1.5 good years and 1.5 bad years.  That seems like a serviceable player.  He would be a definite contributor on this team, this season.  With Kizer, we are hoping that he develops, but never plays.  With the current depth chart, we have Lenzy Pipkins as one of our starting CBs.  We have now forced our own hand in this draft.  We NEED to take at least one CB, and we maybe, hopefully got better at a position everyone hopes never sees the field.

I don't like it.  I am not going to lose sleep over it.  I am not going to make a really hilarious website about it (www.firegute.com).  But I will discuss it on a message board.  Gute has not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.  This is his first move as GM.  To like this move, you have to be one heck of a Deshone Kizer fan, absolutely hate Damarious Randall, or are blindly optimistic about everything Green Bay Packers.  

29 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It's unbearable that the same couple of guys keep saying the same thing over and over again in the same thread.  Say you peace .. then move on.  A couple of you are beating the dead horse a bit hard.

Lol I've bitched about endless venting here and everyone gets mad and says lay off. I do it ONE ******* TIME and I get the same lecture lol. At least my gripe is legitimate.

The same people in here that are all like move on would be melting down if Ted did this. IDGAF who did it. The return is terrible. AG is saying exactly what I've thought and said since I saw this. Which is how I know I'm right lol he's just not melting down like me

3 minutes ago, DavidatMIZZOU said:

Nobody is pretending that Randall is elite, or anywhere near that level.  I thought he was an ascending player.  Randall has shown good and bad play, I would argue that he had 1.5 good years and 1.5 bad years.  That seems like a serviceable player.  He would be a definite contributor on this team, this season.  With Kizer, we are hoping that he develops, but never plays.  With the current depth chart, we have Lenzy Pipkins as one of our starting CBs.  We have now forced our own hand in this draft.  We NEED to take at least one CB, and we maybe, hopefully got better at a position everyone hopes never sees the field.

I don't like it.  I am not going to lose sleep over it.  I am not going to make a really hilarious website about it (www.firegute.com).  But I will discuss it on a message board.  Gute has not earned the benefit of the doubt yet.  This is his first move as GM.  To like this move, you have to be one heck of a Deshone Kizer fan, absolutely hate Damarious Randall, or are blindly optimistic about everything Green Bay Packers.  

Yeah. My whole thing is I'm in this camp. I think Kizer can be something. 

Archived