Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Come on.

The first play was an obvious penalty that the entire team saw. Why the heck would you ask your only healthy starting caliber CB to get blown up by two offensive lineman on a play that's going to get called back? That's being smart.

The second play he slipped on some ****ty outdoor turf. It happens. 

Crucifying a guy on his way out for nonsense like this is stuff bull**** fan bases like the Patriots do. We should be better. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Whoever asked, "Doesn't that reflect Randall?"  No.  It doesn't.  Somebody reported we were talking to multiple teams.  We went with the team that offered a QB when we don't need a QB. 

Did you miss the 2nd half of last season? We do need a better backup QB. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Only real problem I have with letting Randall go is the notion that MM is going to dog any player who basically challenges the status quo. Randall's comments about the defensive accountability may have been mis-delivered, but they were dead on accurate. MM just let Capers go about his business for years without any accountability despite year after year of poor defense. Randall basically called out Capers and MM threw Randall under the bus. That rubs me the wrong way. 

I think that it goes without saying that MM probably isn't a fan of the way that Randall went about it.  He went to the media, and you don't do that.  Coaches down throw players under the bus, and players shouldn't throw coaches under the bus.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Come on SSG. Did you just equate DR with a top tier FA? Did you just do that? At what point did you fall in love with the guy. You ragged on him for years. Now he's irreplaceable hot stuff?

No, I said that is the sort of caliber of player that is available.  Like it or not Leader, Randall was our best CB last year.  Do you really believe that we're going to get that sort of play from any warm body that is plugged into the defense?  

I have ragged on Randall for years but I'll be the first to say that he played well down the stretch and was our only bright spot at CB after King went down.  We just traded him away for a guy who's play was the biggest reason his team went winless.  A guy who's decision making lead to almost 2 turnovers a game in one of the worst QBing seasons the NFL has seen in a long time.

Given the MASSIVE investment we made into the position group in the last 2 years, I'm not going to just assume that we can plug any warm body off the street into our secondary and get the sort of play we got from Randall.  

We now need 2 starters at CB.  We didn't have that issue yesterday IMO.  Gute just created a significant hole and added a back up QB who showed less potential last year than the one we've currently got.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Come on.

The first play was an obvious penalty that the entire team saw. Why the heck would you ask your only healthy starting caliber CB to get blown up by two offensive lineman on a play that's going to get called back? That's being smart.

The second play he slipped on some ****ty outdoor turf. It happens. 

Crucifying a guy on his way out for nonsense like this is stuff bull**** fan bases like the Patriots do. We should be better. 

Pardon me? Did I violate some ethics rule because I posted somebodies Twitter feed.

Spare me the condescending comments.

1 minute ago, Kenrik said:

Did you miss the 2nd half of last season? We do need a better backup QB. 

For all tense and purposes Kizer was worse than Hundley last season, not saying he can't turn into a better QB over time, but you traded for a similar player with worse production.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

No, I said that is the sort of caliber of player that is available.  Like it or not Leader, Randall was our best CB last year.  Do you really believe that we're going to get that sort of play from any warm body that is plugged into the defense?  

I have ragged on Randall for years but I'll be the first to say that he played well down the stretch and was our only bright spot at CB after King went down.  We just traded him away for a guy who's play was the biggest reason his team went winless.  A guy who's decision making lead to almost 2 turnovers a game in one of the worst QBing seasons the NFL has seen in a long time.

Given the MASSIVE investment we made into the position group in the last 2 years, I'm not going to just assume that we can plug any warm body off the street into our secondary and get the sort of play we got from Randall.  

Again. Simple. I think DRs contribution can be replaced. You (suddenly) like the guy - after POUNDING on him for years. For YEARS you were his most vocal critic. 
Nuf sed. I think his talent level can be replaced. You apparently dont. Fine. We'll leave it at that.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Spare me stupid football takes. 

You'll have to take that up with Ben Fennell - whom you can find on Twitter.

Go match your "football takes" with him -- publicly -- on Twitter. It would be an interesting read.

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

This is part of the problem to begin with. Randall had no business being our "top" corner, yet he was, probably the last 2 years, at least on paper. That's how weak we have been at the position since Shields left. If trading Randall is truly part 1 of an "overhaul" like some have said, I'm all for it because our CB personnel from top down needs to improve, pretty dramatically. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

This is part of the problem to begin with. Randall had no business being our "top" corner, yet he was, probably the last 2 years, at least on paper. That's how weak we have been at the position since Shields left. If trading Randall is truly part 1 of an "overhaul" like some have said, I'm all for it because our CB personnel from top down needs to improve, pretty dramatically. 

Yep. The tallest little person in the room is still short

Archived