Damarious Randall traded to the Browns for DeShone Kizer

marky mark

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

But the Packers may have decided that this would be their final season of Randall.

Is GB not a playoff contender in 2018?   Why not hold onto Randall and see what you get in FA at the CB spot before you make the move?

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Which physical abilities? Kizer is an inch taller and seven pounds heavier. Other than that Hundley tests better athletically than Kizer in every measure. Neither Hundley nor Kizer are lacking anything in the physical skillset.

Neither one are very accurate and neither one have processing speed worth a damn. 

I'd much rather have a 4th than Kizer. 

His deep ball is 1000x better then Hundley's. He has far superior arm strength, and isn't afraid to stay in the pocket even at a young age.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have kept Randall - just Kizer as he is today is worth more then a 4th round pick

13 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Disagree, Rodgers has never in his career shown the propensity for turnovers that Kizer did. 

2. Aaron Rodgers is an incredible outlier and not the trajectory you bet that a player will take. Generally a player who is COMPLETELY awful as a rookie, stays completely awful. 

Not always true ... Favre, Elway ... lots of damn good players stunk it up early on.

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

His deep ball is 1000x better then Hundley's. He has far superior arm strength, and isn't afraid to stay in the pocket even at a young age.

I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have kept Randall - just Kizer as he is today is worth more then a 4th round pick

Disagree the deep ball is 1000x better than Hundley's also disagree that he has far superior arm strength. Both have fine arms. And Kizer is perfectly willing to stay in the pocket and throw bucket fulls of picks.

He played like a bottom tier backup. 

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is like the equivalent of selling the tires and rims on your truck for 25% of their value when you're on a fixed income and don't have money to be waving around on buying new rims and tires.

You think someone would trade a 1st for Randall? The trade was worth about a 4th. Randall has been more consistently bad than good.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If nothing else Randall is effective depth. Even if you bring in your Denzel Ward and your Trumaine Johnson, you still want a 4th CB. Randall was fine for that role.

Yeah until he had to interact with his teammates... again the driving factor in this.

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Not always true ... Favre, Elway ... lots of damn good players stunk it up early on.

Elway is a good example, though I'd argue that's a different era and QB interception numbers are way down on a per attempt basis across the league.

2 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Or ARod extensions hit a wall and they need a new starter in 19

IF that is the case, then trading Rodgers for a big package of high 1st round picks would be the play.  You then save $20M in cap space and can get a top tier rookie QB to role with for 4-5 years. 

Just now, Green19 said:

Is the season starting tomorrow? Give the dude a chance to build his roster first.

what if they sign Or trade for some big name CB? We don’t know how lacking it will be.

Don't get me wrong I'm still optimistic we will still get our guys after this trade, always preached its still a long offseason to go. I just don't agree with the trade.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Elway is a good example, though I'd argue that's a different era and QB interception numbers are way down on a per attempt basis across the league.

Troy Aikman .. terrible team .. terrible rookie year.  He was 0-11 as a starter .. couldn't pour piss out of a boot early on.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Yeah until he had to interact with his teammates... again the driving factor in this.

I'm just going to say that anybody going to a coach/GM and demanding a player gets traded needs to mind their own damn business, but even if you needed to move Randall, we still got a crap package for him. 

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You could have went with a caption of .. I suck at GM'ing, or something a little softer.

Oh c'mon you and @Leader

At least he's new, everyone else knows I cannot be taken seriously. I only bought it before HZ did for death threats

I used to used ****domcapers

Archived