The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We need Ryan Day to come up with a better game-plan against Venables than we did the 2nd half of last years game. He was fantastic in the first half and laid a freaking egg in that 2nd half.

We need to hit Trevor like we did that game.

Well didn’t help thst dobbins hurt his ankle and Fields was already hobbled. Once Dobbins got hurt the run game went to crap

Edited by buno67

It’s strange how rarely this team uses the tight end in the passing game. They’re always out there, typically blocking or as a safety valve. I’d just think maybe on a day where Olave is gone, Ruckert may come into play. I really think he’s going to be one of those guys in a couple years that’s playing well on Sundays and OSU fans are going to be remarking about how they never got to see him utilized in college. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It’s strange how rarely this team uses the tight end in the passing game. They’re always out there, typically blocking or as a safety valve. I’d just think maybe on a day where Olave is gone, Ruckert may come into play. I really think he’s going to be one of those guys in a couple years that’s playing well on Sundays and OSU fans are going to be remarking about how they never got to see him utilized in college. 

Who’s the best tight end in OSU history?

We’ve never used tight ends.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Stoneburner was pretty good

Hartstock is a good one too. Wasn’t he the one who dropped the TD vs Texas in ‘05?

No, that was Hamby. Hartsock was on the NC Team and a legit weapon. He played in the NFL for 10+ years.

19 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually love both our OL and DL against Clemson, I think they will be up to the challenge. Our Wrs have to do a better job getting open, also, why not have McCall coming out of the backfield against their #47, thats free money.....

Our OL will have to play out of their minds containing Bresee. That kid will be a top 5 pick and he's already murdering opponents. We let NW go by too easily at times so I really worry about this. As someone said earlier though, if we can get to Lawrence and smack him around a little bit, we have a shot but if Ramsey and NW were getting that many WRs as open as they were, it's going to be a long, long day.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Aside from lapses by Harry Miller, this offensive line is fantastic though. One of the best in the country. They maul people in the running game. They get credited with more sacks than they should, because Fields tries to create things and hold onto the ball too long. Which should be a concern against Clemson, with what Venables does. 

Interestingly enough, Dabo Swinney voted Ohio State 11th in the coaches poll this week, behind coastal Carolina.