The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Lot of names being thrown around that didn't make the trip. Olave, JSN, Wilson, Browning, Christman, Hartline among some

We won’t find out any availability until tomorrow, as the team hasn’t released anything 1 way or the other....but that leads me to believe JSN indeed traveled. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

We won’t find out any availability until tomorrow, as the team hasn’t released anything 1 way or the other....but that leads me to believe JSN indeed traveled. 

Definitely looks like he did. Good. Again it's a position where we can lose some people but I'd rather have everyone we can with experience. 

Thanks for this!

I’ve said it all year since the games started but Bama would pound this team. Whether it’s the new starters, Coombs, shortened season, missing players, or breaks in the schedule, they’ve looked a shade of what they were last year. Maybe on a good day they could beat Clemson or UND. Maybe they still make the playoffs. Not a championship team though. 

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’ve said it all year since the games started but Bama would pound this team. Whether it’s the new starters, Coombs, shortened season, missing players, or breaks in the schedule, they’ve looked a shade of what they were last year. Maybe on a good day they could beat Clemson or UND. Maybe they still make the playoffs. Not a championship team though. 

Yep. 

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I agree with this.  We won today but I just don't see a championship caliber team.  Obviously I hope I'm very wrong but at this very moment, I just don't see it.

In regards to today's game.  I am happy that the coaches were able to make adjustments both offensively and defensively.   In the 1st half they just seemed out of sorts and couldn't get anything going on either side of the ball.  Ultimately a win is a win and I would think this punches their ticket to the CFP.  Anything can happen from this point forward.  Let's hope it's in the Buckeyes favor.

Peace!!!

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think we will beat Clemson.

The game today was just bad coaching.

Ohio State hasn’t played too good halves of football in the same game all year, aside from against Michigan State. The Justin fields we saw today was definitely not typical but I am not betting on Ohio State to beat anyone in the playoffs this season. I think last year’s team would have bitten anyone this season, with the possible exception of Alabama. I think this team is fortunate to even be considered for the playoffs due to limited alternatives. Now, if they play up to their potential, better than they have under performed all season in their playoff game, sure, they can beat anyone. I wouldn’t bet on it though. And it certainly doesn’t help that the Big Ten has this 21 day protocol that nobody else does, with a number of guys out this week. 

3 hours ago, Raves said:

Anyone know if Ohio State has to follow the B1G's guidelines for Covid are can they use a more relaxed version going into the Playoffs since every conference is different.

This is what we're waiting to find out. Hopefully not B1G for obvious reasons. We need, and the CFP should want, fully healthy teams.