The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

9 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I love hearing all the whining about Ohio State making the B1G championship game.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhVVJqiaLGXLJLE7zOCze

I don't see why they are complaining.  Even if Ohio State had played Michigan and lost, they would've still been in the B1G Championship game.  I would understand if playing the game and losing would've made a difference.

On 12/12/2020 at 10:58 AM, candyman93 said:

I wonder if we will land JT Tuimoloau. He’s friends with Egbuka and they’ve known each other for awhile.

We need him bad, we have been killing recruiting wise but Ill be over the moon when we start getting those 5* trench guys that we have been missing on over the past few years. He is a difference maker in the form of a Chase Young and Nick Bosa, Speaking of Chase Young 👀.......

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I love hearing all the whining about Ohio State making the B1G championship game.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhVVJqiaLGXLJLE7zOCze

Well they have to get in line behind guys like Dan Mullen and Dabo Sweeney 

Bottom line is that people should turn off ESPN for a week or so. It’s all white noise right now. You have Dabo Swinney making an argument that is basically him saying that Ohio State should play four more games and lose two of them and they would be more justified to be in the playoffs (saying Clemson is more deserving even in a loss this week). Was the result of a Maryland, Illinois, or Michigan game really in doubt? Besides, two of those were cancellations by the opponent when thresholds weren’t even met. 

In preseason, with all things being equal, Ohio State and Clemson were one and two in all the preseason polls. Obviously Ohio State lost the pole position right off the rip this year with the way things were handled by the Big Ten and playing less games, no control of theirs. They are going to go 6-0. You are going to have Alabama, the winner of Notre Dame/Clemson, Ohio State, and probably the loser of the ACC game assuming it’s the Irish. Is there really anyone that is going to argue that these aren’t the best four teams? Maybe if you watch Notre Dame get their doors blown off by Clemson, possibly? Otherwise, I’m not really sure what people wanted Ohio State to do that they have not done. At least when you compare them up against whoever would get in over them. I would understand if there were some legit teams to measure them up against, but there is very clearly a drop off after the first three or four teams. As there usually is. 

This season has been such a mess but in the end, I think at least the playoffs are likely to have the best teams in it, the teams you would have thought were the best even going into the season, even if it’s not in the same order. Don’t listen to the politicized coaches or ESPN this week though. It will drive you mad.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 3

I don’t really think there’s a realistic big-time guy other then JT from what I’ve read. Leigh is heading either south or to OU. NFL declaration season I guess could present a need or two but I’d imagine they keep numbers higher for the ‘22 class unless they really love a guy. Finishing with JT would be a slam dunk on as good of a class as there is. 

Apparently OSU is having more Covid cases this week. Possibly Chris Olave and some other guys. Rumor mill since OSU is secretive with all this. Not just for this week but with the Big Ten’s ridiculous 21 day rule, could have an affect for round one of a potential playoff.