The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

5 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Assuming the rumors are true, I’m interested to see what prominent players tested positive this week. Eight is the number that was floated around, who knows what it really is, and it may have grown at this point. With the ridiculous 21 day rule though, that wipes all of those guys out for the remainder of the regular season. Hopefully none of our best players are among the number, but who knows. It will be interesting to see the availability report that is released in the morning.

Justin Fields is the one player we can't afford to lose to corona-19.  Not that it's a forgone conclusion that we win a National Championship with him but by not having Fields practically guarantees that the Buckeyes don't win one.

Peace!!!

6 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Justin Fields is the one player we can't afford to lose to corona-19.  Not that it's a forgone conclusion that we win a National Championship with him but by not having Fields practically guarantees that the Buckeyes don't win one.

Peace!!!

Meh, last year, I agree. We have two highly touted backups though and while they're certainly not on Field's level right now, that could change with time. 

Just sucks we have another game missed. No more mishaps left or we're done. 

We just need to get to 2021 already. This season is a **** show. All around. They shouldn’t even crown at Champion. It’s basically an exhibition anymore and a shell of what it should be. It sucks that I came and Justin fields last season here, but the coronavirus and the Kevin Warren timeline set the Big Ten up for failure. 

I don’t expect for next week’s game to be played either.

41 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We just need to get to 2021 already. This season is a **** show. All around. They shouldn’t even crown at Champion. It’s basically an exhibition anymore and a shell of what it should be. It sucks that I came and Justin fields last season here, but the coronavirus and the Kevin Warren timeline set the Big Ten up for failure. 

I don’t expect for next week’s game to be played either.

Very real chance the season is over already.

Other than greed, there’s no reason to play in some other bowl game that will probably be canceled.

• Like 2

I dunno, if that plan was to not play in a chance to contain it from spreading further, I don't hate the logic. We were going to dismantle Illinois and if we did that, it spread further which would compromise our last two games and our championship game, it's worth a shot. Still want to know what players are effected so we know who won't be available the rest of the season. Heard Wade was one and that would be a problem even though he's been "meh" this season. 

Are there any rumors as to which players tested positive?  My understanding about the Big 10 is if a player tests positive,  it is mandatory that they have to sit out for 21 days.  If that is the case, they wouldn't be able to play in the next 2 regular season games or the Big 10 Championship game. 

Peace!!!

13 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Are there any rumors as to which players tested positive?  My understanding about the Big 10 is if a player tests positive,  it is mandatory that they have to sit out for 21 days.  If that is the case, they wouldn't be able to play in the next 2 regular season games or the Big 10 Championship game. 

Peace!!!

They'd be available for a Championship game because they all tested during the week/on Friday and not the day of. So if they tested positive on the 27th of Nov, they'd be available for the 19th. 

MC

On 11/29/2020 at 11:09 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, still waiting for the names to be released. I find it odd it hasn't happened yet. A little concerning. Any news if any new positive tests came out of today or are we seemingly in the clear?

The school CANNOT legally release the names. If the player decides to to announce he, himself, tested positive, that is his right. But the school is not allowed to release the names.

• Like 1