The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We're about to become QBU.

Not sure WTF happened but these guys we're getting at the helm are crazy! The next 4 years are looking stupid good at that position.

Fields --> Stroud/Miller --> McCord --> Ewers..... Whew..... Gonna be easy to recruit WRs with these guys there even if Hartline leaves which I'm sure he will. Guy is gonna be a solid coach. 

The Day and Hartline Effect! You land top tier QBs, you will get the top tier WRs. You land the top tier WRs, you will get the top tier QBs.

Its crazy, I swear since like ;18, each class was deemed as best ever. '22 might legit go down as the best ever for tOSU

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

The Day and Hartline Effect! You land top tier QBs, you will get the top tier WRs. You land the top tier WRs, you will get the top tier QBs.

Its crazy, I swear since like ;18, each class was deemed as best ever. '22 might legit go down as the best ever for tOSU

I think Day's lasting impact on tOSU outside of possibly winning a national championship or championships, will be changing the lazy narrative that tOSU can't produce NFL caliber QBs

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I think Day's lasting impact on tOSU outside of possibly winning a national championship or championships, will be changing the lazy narrative that tOSU can't produce NFL caliber QBs

I mean wasn't he San Frans QB coach in the NFL? I think recruits know that and after what he did with Haskins/Fields they are taking more notice

I'm sorry to say guys but even if we make the playoff, I honestly think we don't have the type of team to win it all. ESPECIALLY with the way the secondary has played.  The offensive line which was supposed to be a strength of the team has been incredibly underwhelming and could potentially get Fields hurt badly.

Peace!!!

Right now, Alabama would probably score 56 against that secondary.

It was an off game for the offense, they are better than that. The running game actually showed up, but the pass blocking, the recognition, and general decision-making by Fields was really bad. And Ryan Day got way too cute out there and called a very poor game. He is generally a lot better than that, too.

I’m not entirely sure that the defense is.

Coombs is running a predictable defense and is getting badly outcoached in every 2nd half. I might be wrong on this, but I believe we have been outscored in every second half so far. Maybe all but one. That’s no good. Hooker and Williamson are honestly lower Big Ten level DBs. They are guys that would get absolutely picked apart against an elite offense. There are both personnel and schematic issues with the defense. 

Going forward, try some new dudes out there on the fence and maybe figure some things out schematically, too. When one specific WR is putting up an uncontested 200 yards out there, maybe switch the attention a bit. Definitely not a championship defense right now, but maybe if they get better, they can be good enough? 

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Right now, Alabama would probably score 56 against that secondary.

It was an off game for the offense, they are better than that. The running game actually showed up, but the pass blocking, the recognition, and general decision-making by Fields was really bad. And Ryan Day got way too cute out there and called a very poor game. He is generally a lot better than that, too.

I’m not entirely sure that the defense is.

Coombs is running a predictable defense and is getting badly outcoached in every 2nd half. I might be wrong on this, but I believe we have been outscored in every second half so far. Maybe all but one. That’s no good. Hooker and Williamson are honestly lower Big Ten level DBs. They are guys that would get absolutely picked apart against an elite offense. There are both personnel and schematic issues with the defense. 

Going forward, try some new dudes out there on the fence and maybe figure some things out schematically, too. When one specific WR is putting up an uncontested 200 yards out there, maybe switch the attention a bit. Definitely not a championship defense right now, but maybe if they get better, they can be good enough? 

It’s a shame because the LBs and DTs are actually playing at a high level. It’s the complete opposite of past defenses.

Just now, candyman93 said:

It’s a shame because the LBs and DTs are actually playing at a high level. It’s the complete opposite of past defenses.

It’s nuts, you allow negative yards rushing and completely control the run game on defense and the pass defense is still that bad. Imagine if they were keeping us on our toes by establishing a run.

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Agreed. Been very impressed with Werner this year. Togiai is playing excellent as well. Found it odd that Harrison wasn't out there much when I looked for him.

42 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Coombs is running a predictable defense and is getting badly outcoached in every 2nd half. I might be wrong on this, but I believe we have been outscored in every second half so far. Maybe all but one. That’s

Kind of a skewed stat since before this game, everything has been a blow out and the offense shutting it down while opposing teams were still trying to come back