The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

4 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Thats a weird comp. Olave isn’t athletic enough to draw that comp IMO. 

Their height, weight, speed is extremely comparable and they both excel with excellent body control and hands downfield despite their size. Not saying they are identical players but they share a lot of the same qualities being lighter and quick WRs

55 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Their height, weight, speed is extremely comparable and they both excel with excellent body control and hands downfield despite their size. Not saying they are identical players but they share a lot of the same qualities being lighter and quick WRs

I don’t think Olave is that quick. He reminds me more of like a Keenan Allen than he does Diggs. 

Also on an unrelated note, I don’t think Olave is a 1st round pick. He’s just really solid everywhere but lacks the physical traits to be selected super high IMO. 

2 hours ago, QBIso said:

I don’t think Olave is that quick. He reminds me more of like a Keenan Allen than he does Diggs. 

Also on an unrelated note, I don’t think Olave is a 1st round pick. He’s just really solid everywhere but lacks the physical traits to be selected super high IMO. 

If Olave can run better than a 4.5, he will be a 1st rd pick. Allen ran a 4.7 and that turned a lot of teams off from drafting him high. Olave has the size  at 6'1 185ish, needs to bulk up, has the game film and coaching. If he can show his speed, he will get drafted in the late 1st. I think he is faster than he looks. He is just so smooth. If he isnt a late 1st, he is a steal for any team

Super old-school but he reminds me of Jimmy Smith, former Jacksonville jaguar. I’m sure there are better and more recent comparisons out there though. I just think he is really technically sound, creates space with great routes, and is a really solid receiver. I don’t think he is going to beat you with his physicality or elite athletic ability though at the next level, but he is still going to find space and be a really good player. I think late first round or later is fine value. I’m not sure he is going to be all pro, but he definitely has a high floor and should be solid. Garrett Wilson is the guy that has all pro potential though. After next year, he is going to be a very high first round pick. It should be a cycle of this at receiver, as we have some special freshmen getting their feet wet right now also. That position group will not be lacking for a long time.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, QBIso said:

I think he is quicker than you think, but I also agree it won't be in the super elite range.  Olave is just a good receiver all around.  He's going to go somewhere in the 40-70 range, and he is absolutely going to out produce guys drafted above him.

IMO Chris Olave could draw a few comparisons:

Isaac Bruce: He's 1 inch taller than Bruce but almost the same weight on the dot. Fluid, dependable, great route runner, good quickness.

Joe Horn and Jimmy Smith would also be solid comps...and I'd entertain Keenan McCardell too. 

On 11/15/2020 at 11:26 PM, NateDawg said:

@malibuspeedrace

Idk why but was thinking about this game earlier. 

Watching this is food for the soul but a couple of observations:

-Jacoby Boren was critical to our whole team that year

- How in the world Michael Bennett and Darron Lee not good in the NFL

- I (Browns) would love to bring in Devin Smith for a shot

- Gus knows he loved him some Cardale Jones, also I never seen a ball jump out of a guy's hands like it did with him.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:51 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Olave is a Stefon Diggs clone.

I actually was thinking Keenan McCardell 

We're about to become QBU.

Not sure WTF happened but these guys we're getting at the helm are crazy! The next 4 years are looking stupid good at that position.

Fields --> Stroud/Miller --> McCord --> Ewers..... Whew..... Gonna be easy to recruit WRs with these guys there even if Hartline leaves which I'm sure he will. Guy is gonna be a solid coach.