The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Shootout. Not sure the result either. OSU had like 650 yards and could have pushed for more last night. Both teams are going to move it and score points. It’s unfortunate how Wade has been on the outside because we have no current CB1 to matchup with Devonta.

I'd play Proctor deep middle and roll Ransom deep behind Devonta wherever he goes with a corner pressing him on the line.  Move Wade inside to slot corner (Devonta has played in the slot mostly since Waddle went down) where he was comfortable last year and have Banks and Williamson on the outside. 

• Like 1

Is it possible most of the country didn't realize how good Olave and Wilson were until last night? 

And while they lose Olave next year, they'll still have Wilson, Smith-Njigba, Williamson, Fleming, and Egbuka is coming in as a 5 star top 10 overall recruit.  They may be even better next year as a unit with the experience the freshmen got this year. 

Then could have a legit Thunder and Lightning combo with Miyan Williams and Trayveyon Henderson. 

Edited by THE DUKE
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Is it possible most of the country didn't realize how good Olave and Wilson were until last night? 

And while they lose Olave next year, they'll still have Wilson, Smith-Njigba, Williamson, Fleming, and Egbuka is coming in as a 5 star top 10 overall recruit.  They may be even better next year as a unit with the experience the freshmen got this year. 

Then could have a legit Thunder and Lightning combo with Miyan Williams and Trayveyon Henderson. 

if you didnt realize how good they were before last night, then those ppl were just morons.

Yeah im gonna miss Olave but this unit is going to be stacked next year. Which is what we need with a new QB

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We need to copy Florida’s or Ole Miss game-plan they used against Alabama.

You can score on Alabama if you spread them out.

I think the game will come down to if they can rattle Mac Jones like the did Lawrence. Coombs needs to continue to bring the pressure, show him different disguises he hasnt seen and make him uncomfortable.

I just hope we don't get the mentality that this was our championship. I don't think the coaches will allow that to happen but it certainly is possible. We need Fields to be 100% as well bc Bama tackles better than any team I've seen recently. When Surtain on the outside (not sure if he'll shadow Olave) we will need other targets to step up. He might be the most impressive CB I've (important note lol) ever seen in college football. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:04 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I actually love both our OL and DL against Clemson, I think they will be up to the challenge. Our Wrs have to do a better job getting open, also, why not have McCall coming out of the backfield against their #47, thats free money.....

*Ahem*....lol

Also, Shout out to Matt Jones stepping up big for the absence of Harry Miller, and Tyreke Smith for taking his game to another level.