The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

*DLine will be our savior on defense, our DBs are concerning. Didn't like how our defensive fits looked

*Also our offense will be our savior as a team, offensive line looked really good, TEs blocked really well

*Dre'Mont Jones looked like a first round pick today

Bill Davis seems pretty clueless with that LB unit. Talent isn’t the issue there. I do think Browning needs to be in the mix at OLB and not MLB. They need a thumper in the middle. I think Borland working his way back will probably take back over there. Harrison looks bad out wide though. Have to have more out of that unit, especially given how dominant that front four is. 

Disappointments: Safety play, Okudah, overpursuit on D, lack of discipline by Chase Young, LBs.

The Good: Entire offense, Bosa (best defender in America pretty easily), Ryan Day.

Overall, what you’d expect from a week 1 game. Great team but things to work on. Really nice to see a QB out there that can sling it. It’s pretty much what I expected. Makes you scratch your head at the loyalty to JTB.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Bill Davis seems pretty clueless with that LB unit. Talent isn’t the issue there. I do think Browning needs to be in the mix at OLB and not MLB. They need a thumper in the middle. I think Borland working his way back will probably take back over there. Harrison looks bad out wide though. Have to have more out of that unit, especially given how dominant that from four is. 

Disappointments: Safety play, Okudah, overpursuit on D, lack of discipline by Chase Young, LBs.

The Good: Entire offense, Bosa (best defender in America pretty easily), Ryan Day.

Overall, what you’d expect from a week 1 game. Great team but things to work on. Really nice to see a QB out there that can sling it. It’s pretty much what I expected. Makes you scratch your head at the loyalty to JTB.

All of the residual Fickell is gone, this isn't or should be called Silver Bullet defense, we look more like "Wooden Spear".  Now we can clean up some things but this is nowhere close to a championship caliber defense. Our Defensive line is elite, Linebackers talent wise are good but average in terms of coaching and our DBs miss Coombs, no way around it.

As far as the QB thing, Had we had Haskins against Oklahoma or Iowa, we could have had a shot with Oklahoma scoring more but no chance at Iowa because of the way they manipulated our LBs both games. Bill Davis is trash, Losing Fickell and Coombs killed us coincidentally both units are suffering 

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

All of the residual Fickell is gone, this isn't or should be called Silver Bullet defense, we look more like "Wooden Spear".  Now we can clean up some things but this is nowhere close to a championship caliber defense. Our Defensive line is elite, Linebackers talent wise are good but average in terms of coaching and our DBs miss Coombs, no way around it.

As far as the QB thing, Had we had Haskins against Oklahoma or Iowa, we could have had a shot with Oklahoma scoring more but no chance at Iowa because of the way they manipulated our LBs both games. Bill Davis is trash, Losing Fickell and Coombs killed us coincidentally both units are suffering 

Ryan Day needs to fire Davis before Urban gets back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Lets give the DB unit a chance. It was the first game back with new players in the secondary playing. The TCU game will be the test for them. lets see what happens when they have legit tape on them and see how teams attacked them and how they need to change. Dont forget Ward didnt look all that great vs Indiana last but by midseason he was one of the best DBs in the nation. 

People in here talking like Fickell was good as a LB coach. There was a period of time, where the LB units were pretty bad and then everything started to click for the unit. 

Yeah I think the defense and the team in general cleans some things up. I think the defense was super aggressive today and it hurt them today at times. I feel like opening up at home and with all the Urban drama going on the team just wanted to go out there and play and it hurt the defense. DL got burnt a few times by not reacting to screen plays and secondary played way to aggressive at times. 

I'm hoping Urban coming back to coach practice gets a fire lit under our defense. I don't doubt our offense one bit. We'll score on anyone and I'll still stand here and attest our WRs were never a problem as I've always said. It was our damn QB play. Mack is an absolute monster and will have a great year. That back 7 on defense better get their poo together though

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

*DLine will be our savior on defense, our DBs are concerning. Didn't like how our defensive fits looked

*Also our offense will be our savior as a team, offensive line looked really good, TEs blocked really well

*Dre'Mont Jones looked like a first round pick today

I agree with these. How nice is it to have a real qb?  It’s why me and several in here wanted Barrett replaced LAST year. I think we would have been a superior team. 

Also it looked like Weber was more agile and looked more alive. He was ballin yesterday. Whoever advised him to stay was smart. I honestly thought he should go because of Dobbins. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I agree with these. How nice is it to have a real qb?  It’s why me and several in here wanted Barrett replaced LAST year. I think we would have been a superior team. 

Also it looked like Weber was more agile and looked more alive. He was ballin yesterday. Whoever advised him to stay was smart. I honestly thought he should go because of Dobbins. 

Weber is fully healthy. I don’t think he was 100% at last year. The way he looked last year looked like his freshmen year. Fee like he rushed back last year so He wasn’t completely forgotten. He looks real good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I'm just sitting here watching Burrow do his thing here at LSU , either him and Haskins could have played and been just fine, as a matter of fact, just imagine Haskins going into his 2nd year of starting experience