The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

50 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I just wonder if the reason why we took such crappy angles is because we just weren’t prepared. I honestly was surprised with thuhOSU’s speed. Them cats were freaking fast! Maybe we were too?

The angles from the safeties were atrocious. Fuller coming back fixes one of those. Hopefully between Pryor/Wint they figure out the other one. 

Browning is a tremendous athlete but a freelancer at this point. He’s going to learn, but that’s not want you want at MIKE. Harrison less than impressive also. Bill Davis needs to figure it out quickly or there will be serious matchup exposures two weeks from now. 

If they can get through TCU and PSU week 5, that would at least give the new guys some time before their next decent opponent. Offense is dynamite. No complaints there. They could be very nearly impossible to stop if the OL continues their high level of play.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

As long as he is healthy, not only is Weber gone, he might end up a late round 1 pick.

Didn't like seeing the boneheaded plays from Okudah and Young, hopefully they come back strong in week 2.

Meh, that comes with youth and aggression at least when it comes to young, not concerned at all about that. As far as Okudah, I am concerned with how he's getting coached, they all look a step late and not in real good position. I'll give Taver the benefit of the doubt though because of what he did prior at tOSU

8 hours ago, NateDawg said:

The angles from the safeties were atrocious. Fuller coming back fixes one of those. Hopefully between Pryor/Wint they figure out the other one. 

Browning is a tremendous athlete but a freelancer at this point. He’s going to learn, but that’s not want you want at MIKE. Harrison less than impressive also. Bill Davis needs to figure it out quickly or there will be serious matchup exposures two weeks from now. 

If they can get through TCU and PSU week 5, that would at least give the new guys some time before their next decent opponent. Offense is dynamite. No complaints there. They could be very nearly impossible to stop if the OL continues their high level of play.

The offense, and DL, might have to carry us through those 2 games with the scores being in the 40s or 50s.  Hard to tell if PSU had a rough game from just underestimating App State like Michigan did all those years ago, or if they have some legit problems that can be exploited.

On 8/30/2018 at 5:01 PM, jrry32 said:

JFC. Talk about tone deaf. You sure you're not a Baylor grad? xD

I'm not defending an abuser. F Zach Smith. He got fired. He deserved to get fired. Meyer, however, had NOTHING to do with Zach beating his wife. Courtney Smith NEVER told Meyer about the abuse. Any knowledge Meyer had would have been hearsay because she did directly tell him about it.  Was Meyer suppose to fire a man over hearsay knowledge? Out of a dozen calls to the Smith house, the CPD only made one arrest, that led to no trial or conviction. If hearsay is grounds to fire someone then I'm going to call up every single university athletics department and start saying "Your position coach is beating his wife! Better fire him on the spot." According to your logic I could get Nick Saban fired tonight. 

Don't let your bias against THE Ohio State University blind you to the facts. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I'm not defending an abuser. F Zach Smith. He got fired. He deserved to get fired. Meyer, however, had NOTHING to do with Zach beating his wife. Courtney Smith NEVER told Meyer about the abuse. Any knowledge Meyer had would have been hearsay because she did directly tell him about it.  Was Meyer suppose to fire a man over hearsay knowledge? Out of a dozen calls to the Smith house, the CPD only made one arrest, that led to no trial or conviction. If hearsay is grounds to fire someone then I'm going to call up every single university athletics department and start saying "Your position coach is beating his wife! Better fire him on the spot." According to your logic I could get Nick Saban fired tonight. 

Don't let your bias against THE Ohio State University blind you to the facts. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

1. Courtney told his wife and sent texts with pictures.

2. Urban admitted to knowing about it and admitted to not informing OSU about Smith's prior DV incident.

3. If Urban saw the texts, it's not hearsay. 

4. Even if Shelley told him without showing the texts, yes, that would be sufficiently reliable hearsay to justify Smith's firing, especially with Meyer knowing his past.

5. Your analogy is a false equivalence. If your wife had texts and pictures from Saban's wife accusing him of beating her and showing pictures of the aftermath, you'd be well within your rights to try and get him fired.

6. Urban didn't beat Courtney, but his (and Shelley's) actions helped Zach Smith maintain control over her.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, jrry32 said:

2. Urban admitted to knowing about it and admitted to not informing OSU about Smith's prior DV incident.

4. Even if Shelley told him without showing the texts, yes, that would be sufficiently reliable hearsay to justify Smith's firing, especially with Meyer knowing his past.

5. Your analogy is a false equivalence. If your wife had texts and pictures from Saban's wife accusing him of beating her and showing pictures of the aftermath, you'd be well within your rights to try and get him fired.

6. Urban didn't beat Courtney, but his (and Shelley's) actions helped Zach Smith maintain control over her.

- Bro, its over, let it go.... can we please talk football.

- Also football related, I hope Urban straightens out the DBs and LB situation (Though Werner looked really good)

- Vincent might have bought himself some more reps, he flashed all day last saturday

Edited by MSURacerDT55

14 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No Urban, pass D questionable.. Rutgers RED HOT riding a 1 game wins streak with their freshman phenom King Artur

Image result for artur sitkowski

You never know...

At least Urban is coaching this week. I'm looking forward to seeing how well our back 7 look this week but I'll be playing in a golf scramble for suicide awareness and will miss the game. Probably just DVR it or something. As long as we don't look like total dog poo on defense again, I'll be happy. Our offense looks like it will be an absolute force

2 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

At least Urban is coaching this week. I'm looking forward to seeing how well our back 7 look this week but I'll be playing in a golf scramble for suicide awareness and will miss the game. Probably just DVR it or something. As long as we don't look like total dog poo on defense again, I'll be happy. Our offense looks like it will be an absolute force

I mean it won't actually be close, but RU is trending upwards and should be feeling good while OSU is at a relative low point (.. still one of best teams in country). It's the perfect storm for RU to not get shutout and surrender 50+ points like they have the past 2 years. 42-17

9 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I mean it won't actually be close, but RU is trending upwards and should be feeling good while OSU is at a relative low point (.. still one of best teams in country). It's the perfect storm for RU to not get shutout and surrender 50+ points like they have the past 2 years. 42-17

Yeah I'm not too worried about the game but I want to see progress on defense and consistency on offense. We struggled bad on D last year early in the season but righted the ship over the course of the year. We looked bad last week. Good to see Rutgers moving in the right direction though. Never a bad thing to have good competition in the conference. 

23 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nope. WRONG!

That is all

Mastercheddaar

8 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

PERFECTLY good reason to be missing!

• Like 1