The Ohio State Buckeyes Thread v.12 — 8 in a row

zelbell

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Article/Kane-Patterson-has-decommitted-from-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-121014052/

Kane Patterson decommits. Not surprising. No real connection to the school. Good player with good film. Imagine he stays south. Don’t imagine he is the last to decommit.

He’s switching over to the good guys. 

48 minutes ago, PAW said:

He’s switching over to the good guys. 

UCF?  Granted any non-Ohio player is always a risk to flip at any point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he just keeps his recruitment open until the end of the next commitment period to make sure Ohio State won't be hit by sanctions and just recommit at that point.  Very few schools have put players into the NFL at the same level as Ohio State over the past few years.

6 hours ago, Raves said:

UCF?  Granted any non-Ohio player is always a risk to flip at any point.  I wouldn't be surprised if he just keeps his recruitment open until the end of the next commitment period to make sure Ohio State won't be hit by sanctions and just recommit at that point.  Very few schools have put players into the NFL at the same level as Ohio State over the past few years.

Clemson

Two very good articles.

One is about Harry Miller's mother's take on Urban Meyer. She is a domestic violence victim. https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/urban-meyer-kristina-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-domestic-abuse-survivor/

The other is an inside look at inside the meetings on Wednesday. https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/ohio-state-trustee-sheds-light-on-marathon-meeting

3 hours ago, Adam21 said:

Two very good articles.

One is about Harry Miller's mother's take on Urban Meyer. She is a domestic violence victim. https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/urban-meyer-kristina-miller-ohio-state-buckeyes-domestic-abuse-survivor/

The other is an inside look at inside the meetings on Wednesday. https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/ohio-state-trustee-sheds-light-on-marathon-meeting

Both very good articles, but unfortunately there are those that will continue to believe what they want to.  It is really interesting to see how people can look at the same thing, and come up with completely different perspectives.  Others have pointed out that minds have been made up, and no amount of DV abuse victims that support Meyer will change their minds.  TBF no amount of criticism over how Meyer handled the situation in its entirety will change the minds of those that support him.  Hopefully this will be put to rest, and football can be talked about instead.

The top 3 CB's get the vast majority of the playing time.  When OSU uses a 4th CB, it will be interesting to see if Wade works his way into that role.  Arnette, Sheffield, Okudah are pretty locked in at the top 3 at this point.  Wade will need to cut his teeth on special teams and make the most of the opportunities on D that he gets.

• Like 1

I need to see a lot more out of Damon Arnette. It’s year 4, and he’s a returning starter. We’ve had at least one 1st round caliber starting CBs out there several years in a row now. Roby, Apple, Conley, Lattimore, Ward. Who is that guy this year? Between Sheffield and Arnette, someone needs to step their game up. Sheffield at least got better as last season went. Okudah will probably be one of those. He’s only in year two, so there will probably be a few bumps. Like with Marshon and Ward though, my guess is he’s a breakout year 3 guy. If the starting CBS are mediocre as the season goes though I’d like to see Okudah/Wade get every chance to be in the regular rotation.

Current Ryan Day press conference. Starting OL will be:

LT: Either Munford or Alabi 

LG: Pridgeon

C: Jordan

RG: Knox

RT: Prince

Nice to see Pridgeon develop and get that time as a starter. OSU obviously also liked what they saw in Jordan’s move to center. Brady Taylor not gonna start here.

Schiano on the LB starters:

Browning, Werner, Harrison. 

Thats a 3rd year guy and two 2nd year guys. So, Keandre Jones and Justin Hilliard either in the rotation or still on the bench. Interested to see how game ready our young LBs are. Need better play out of that group this year.

Safety position next to Jordan Fuller could either be Pryor or Wint, still a battle apparently.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Not too sure how I feel about our LT situation. I can tell you one thing, it doesn't make me feel comfortable.

Yeah, I know Munford has had good reviews for a year 2 guy, but he’s still that. Hopefully he’s not year-2 Isaiah Prince.

If Munford starts, our OL goes 6’4”, 6’6”, 6’7, 6’7”, 6’7.” 

31 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah, I know Munford has had good reviews for a year 2 guy, but he’s still that. Hopefully he’s not year-2 Isaiah Prince.

If Munford starts, our OL goes 6’4”, 6’6”, 6’7, 6’7”, 6’7.” 

What I read in the article I linked earlier is my biggest concern as it seems Munford's been battling injuries and his backup is completely unknown to me. Joseph Alibi? Yeah.... Hopefully it's just me being naive and he's actually doing well in practice.