The 2018 Kirk Cousins Megathread

Heimdallr

15 hours ago, Torchezim said:

I’d at least explore the possibility of acquiring Keenum. 

Anything else though, I agree with just riding with Cousins. There are no other options this year.  

It's hard for me to imagine that Spielman and Zimmer would bring Keenum back to Minnesota.

15 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Keenum just got benched for Colt McCoy. I know that the Redskins are a mess of an organization but isn't that what have us hope for cousins?

Keenum is injured I believe, Haskins is the one that got benched for Colt McCoy.  No clue why they do not just play Haskins since the team sucks but obviously thought he might lose some confidence so put in McCoy instead.

PS No Trent Williams still in the NFL is odd, the guy is too talented to just sit but with what Bell did last year apparently now that will be a thing for players to just sit an entire year if they want to get traded and or want a new better contract...

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Keenum is injured I believe, Haskins is the one that got benched for Colt McCoy.  No clue why they do not just play Haskins since the team sucks but obviously thought he might lose some confidence so put in McCoy instead.

PS No Trent Williams still in the NFL is odd, the guy is too talented to just sit but with what Bell did last year apparently now that will be a thing for players to just sit an entire year if they want to get traded and or want a new better contract...

Oh I didn't realize that. I wouldn't really say Haskins is getting benched since he was never the starter. I don't blame them for not wanting to put him out there against the Patriots

49 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Oh I didn't realize that. I wouldn't really say Haskins is getting benched since he was never the starter. I don't blame them for not wanting to put him out there against the Patriots

The team is 0-4 and need to see what they have in Haskins but he has played poorly obviously, 3 INTs against the Giants.  No real surprise, I thought he was a little overrated coming into the draft and just looked good because of all the ridiculous WR talent around him on Ohio State.  Hopefully he can turn it around but could just continue the trend that no successful NFL QB has ever come out of Ohio State, and that is pretty shocking.  

Quote from Alex Chippin via the Score, CA

The Minnesota Vikings felt threatened by Bo Levi Mitchell's desire to overtake Kirk Cousins when the Calgary Stampeders quarterback attended a tryout in December, according to the CFL star. On the Oct. 2 edition of "The Bo Show" at SN960 The Fan, Mitchell recalled a Vikings official asking him how he could help the team win. "I said, 'I'm gonna come in here and I'm gonna take Kirk's job,'" Mitchell recounted. "His reply to me was, 'No, we don't want you to do that. We want you to come in here and have a good quarterback room, help teach him things, help be a supporter of him, but don't cause controversy.'"

Mitchell was suprised the QB culture for Vikings was that they didn't want him to even think about pushing Cousins. 

56 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

The Minnesota Vikings felt threatened by Bo Levi Mitchell's desire to overtake Kirk Cousins when the Calgary Stampeders quarterback attended a tryout in December, according to the CFL star. On the Oct. 2 edition of "The Bo Show" at SN960 The Fan, Mitchell recalled a Vikings official asking him how he could help the team win. "I said, 'I'm gonna come in here and I'm gonna take Kirk's job,'" Mitchell recounted. "His reply to me was, 'No, we don't want you to do that. We want you to come in here and have a good quarterback room, help teach him things, help be a supporter of him, but don't cause controversy.'"

Mitchell was suprised the QB culture for Vikings was that they didn't want him to even think about pushing Cousins. 

Not surprised but still irritated beyond words.  If this is true set of events, they deserve to be canned and right now and we go a different direction. Not only do they cater their entire team to Kirk Cousin’s clown self, they also do everything they can to make sure that his mental make up isn’t subject to competition?  What the hell is that?

He is supposed to play like an 84 million dollar QB, not babied because everything about him is so fragile. We are turning away competition in order to force Cousins down the team and the fanbase’s throat.  That is not how it works. 

The hell with the team and the fans. We just don’t want to make our investment look like a mistake. Which happened even after you awarded Cousins everything you could to make him halfway decent.  Hmm... seems to make the Sloter argument that MANY Vikings fans make even more strengthened. 

Again, for the users that don’t read

If this is indeed factual, which it should be (he has no reason to go out of his way lie about this), I hope this backfires so hard. 

Of course I expect the most outlandish reasoning from Cousins supporters so let me have it.

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

Good grief.  If the Vikings knew in December that Cousins' ego was so fragile that they were afraid a CFL free agent would cause him problems then I don't know what hope there is for Kirk to turn things around.  I hope that Bo's words are bluster and not the truth.

2 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Good grief.  If the Vikings knew in December that Cousins' ego was so fragile that they were afraid a CFL free agent would cause him problems then I don't know what hope there is for Kirk to turn things around.  I hope that Bo's words are bluster and not the truth.

Didn't he turn down the offer because they weren't bringing him into with a chance to start? Were they suppose to lie to him?

And don't tell me that every player signed, especially one that hasn't sniffed the NFL should be competing for the starting job