Eagles Cut Brent Celek

WeaponX

From the Lane Restructure thread:

Well...There's at least one more shoe to drop because we need to get rid of another 3 mil (separate from trades) before tomorrow. I'm guessing that guy is Celek, kinda wish he just retired instead of him forcing Howie's hand.

I expect Celek to retire rather than take vet min on another club. I thank Celek for what he's provided to this organization and wish him the best for the future.

Saved $4M. And I think, depending on the Ngata contract, we are compliant. 

Maybe he resigns after the market dictates his salary. Still a useful blocking TE and a good guy in the neighborhood. 

If not, he was a very good Eagle TE. I remember his knock was that he wasn't a solid blocker as a younger guy. He rounded out his game very nicely as he matured. One of my favorite Eagles on the field. Was always willing to lower his shoulder and make defenders earn the tackle. He'll always be an Eagle. 

Just now, eagles18 said:

I think theres a possibility hes brought back on a much lower salary.. But good job to howie for making the man's move

Honestly? Anything more than the Veteran Minimum is too much for him at this point. I like the dude, don't get me wrong, but he's just a body at this point.

Archived