Better 3 Man Cornerback Unit?

GamedayGuru

Better 3 Man Cornerback Unit?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Rams: Aqib Talib, Marcus Peters, Nickell Robey
    • Saints: Marshon Lattimore, Patrick Robinson, Ken Crawley 

Saints unit isn't really impressive, overall. Rams have two #1 CBs and another really good corner in Robey, but that tandem is just an accident waiting to happen. All things considered, I'd go with the Rams.

Neither come close to what Denver had with Talib, Chris Harris Jr., and Bradley Roby. 

I like it how people assume Peters and Talib are accidents waiting to happen. They never played with each other but Talib has met Peters through being friends with his cousin Lynch. Plus Talib is a good mentor, just look how he helped Harris Jr. when he came into the league. Then there is the Wade Phillips effect. Talib respects the heck out of Wade and so does every player in the Rams locker room and across the league in general. I don’t think there will be the issues people are thinking it will be with Talib and Peters. 

With all that being said, it’s easily the Rams 3 man unit. Factor in having Shields who if healthy is darn good and eventually the Rams getting back Webster sometime during the season. I can’t think of any team that can go 5 deep (6 deep if you count Troy Hill who played well last season too) at cornerback that all can come in and play well with even if injuries happen the defense won’t cripple them. Like we saw last season how the Saints defense looked when both Lattimore and Crawley got hurt and missed games. The Rams have so much depth that the same won’t happen to them in 2018 if injuries happen to one or two of their cornerbacks that’s how deep the Rams are. So to me it’s easily the Rams.

I’ll also give y’all a nugget, since 2015 both Talib and Peters ranked in the top 5 in the lowest QB rating allowed when thrown against them. Last season Robey-Coleman I think only allowed 1 td given up when he was targeted all season long. 

11 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Assuming Talib's play doesn't fall off, Rams.

Talibs play already fell off last year when he turned 32. There was the reason Denver was shopping him because he was starting to get beat a little bit too frequently and it looked like his quick recovery speed has left him with age. 

However, maybe a change of team will help put some pep into his step again but I dont expect that to last for more than 1 more year. I wouldnt be surprised if Talib plays well this season and then takes a full nose dive the season following when he turns 34.

3 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I honestly feel like Crawley is just "good". Honestly a little streaky. PRob is going to help the Saints secondary a bunch, and Lattimore is a monster. But Peters and Talib alone win this.

honestly who know what robinson will be, im far from a pff fan but they can be useful for some stats. he was pretty bad in 2016 and then had a really good year last year. hes been inconsistent more or less his whole career, we'll have to wait and see what he actually does imo.

Archived