Packers Sign Kyle Fuller to Offer Sheet

Packerraymond

Just now, ArthurPensky said:

I think it’s still an issue at CB but I think Pettine will do a better job compensating it than capers did.

Absolutely is an issue considering the lack of depth we have there now that House is gone and Randall got dealt. It's everywhere else that I'm not worried about. Pettine is a good DC and, hopefully, isn't a stubborn old mule refusing to adapt to the league.

12 minutes ago, Green19 said:

At the end of the day it was a deal Green Bay had to live with too. So it was going to be outrageous. They had a price they did it and made Chicago act.

Worth a try. But at the end of the day they weren’t going to give out crazy money.

So . . . They negotiated a reasonable long term extension for their division rival?

That's dumb as hell. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So . . . They negotiated a reasonable long term extension for their division rival?

That's dumb as hell. 

Do you think Fuller should be one of the five highest paid cornerbacks in the league?  Apparently thats what our tender (and CHIs acceptance) made him.

"The Bears just paid Fuller the transition tag and guaranteed what amounts to a franchise tag for him for next year. He’ll be one of the five highest-paid cornerbacks in football over two years and the third-highest over three years if he sticks around. This is … not palatable."

2 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

I still don't hate the effort. 

Let's see what the Bears have to say about this:

52 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah this is fantastic for us IMO, and good for Fuller. Win-Win. Glad it’s done. 

37 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Never thought I’d say this, but....thank you, Green Bay.

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Thank you GB...have to laugh at them offering just $18 million guaranteed...probably saved us $7-$8 million in guaranteed money.   

I'm seeing very conflicting responses towards Fuller's offer sheet.

You get this that makes us sound good:

then you get this which makes us sound bad and make the bears look like geniuses:

So which is it? the Bears look bad for not giving him a 5th year option or franchise tagging him and they end up paying significantly more or we look bad for not offering enough?

As I alluded to jokingly before, Ball's probable influence appears to have killed a potentially savvy move before it even had a chance...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/kyle-fuller-gets-4-million-more-per-year-than-bears-had-offered/

The structure reflects what the Packers do with every player except Aaron Rodgers: No guarantees beyond the signing bonus.

You gotta be willing to take on a little more risk than that if delving into Restricted Free Agency. This is what happens when you don't make the GM the clear boss. It smells a whole lot like Gute went to Ball saying I want to go after Fuller with an offer sheet. And then Ball effed it up with his far too conservative financial restraint.

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Let's see what the Bears have to say about this:

Yeah, I get youre upset. Is it because next year he was going to sign with us? Is it because we took a shot and failed? We explored an avenue to get a player, and didn't get a player. That's what happened tonight, and spoiler alert... Will probably happen again. 

Archived