Jets trade up to 3

BJets512

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Are we seriously digging into the Josh Allen pro day hype? Mac's picking who he wants at 3 and if I had to venture a guess at the moment, if Darnold and Rosen go 1,2, Mayfield is the guy at 3; NOT allen.

I don’t know why you’d believe this beyond your own wishful thinking. Everything that has come out from the Jets camp suggests they are in love with Allen. I’ve said this before but I’d bet a pretty penny Mayfield doesn’t go top 5.

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I don’t know why you’d believe this beyond your own wishful thinking. Everything that has come out from the Jets camp suggests they are in love with Allen. I’ve said this before but I’d bet a pretty penny Mayfield doesn’t go top 5.

I agree.  Mayfield is a gamer but that height issue is too much to over come to be a top 10 pick let alone a top 5.  Heck Brees had a great college career and ended up in round 2.

23 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

4 drops in that game from my count.  I saw one bad throw/read that should have been a pick six.  See a guy who has a lot of faith in his arm strength (ala Favre). 

Most impressed with the game winning TD throw/read.   He showed patience, accuracy and touch. Also some mental toughness as he did not "light it up" that game and WR dropped 4 passes for big plays during the game but still had faith in his reads and receivers to allow the play to develop.  I agree this shows good and bad in Allen but I think it also shows why he might go #1.  Can't teach arm talent, he is very mobile and with proper coaching could easily be the best QB from this class.

I firmly believe we knew darnold was 90% going 1 and we’re comfortable with both Rosen and Allen 

question is of the 2 who we grade higher. Personally I’d take Allen 

side note we aren’t drafting them but some non qbs in this draft look like sure fire studs 

Derwin James, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson

some non QB teams in this top 10 are gonna be really happy with some of the talent that makes it to them because of the QBs

The more I research him, the more I want Josh Rosen.  He seems like the guy who can finally end our QB drought and be that franchise QB. It appears he'd be a good fit with Jeremy Bates too, who seems like a good guy to challenge Rosen mentally.  

We just need those Giants to not take a QB, I am praying they just grab Barkley or Nelson and leave us with Rosen and that the Jets don't screw it up and they take Rosen and not Allen. 

18 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The more I research him, the more I want Josh Rosen.  He seems like the guy who can finally end our QB drought and be that franchise QB. It appears he'd be a good fit with Jeremy Bates too, who seems like a good guy to challenge Rosen mentally.  

We just need those Giants to not take a QB, I am praying they just grab Barkley or Nelson and leave us with Rosen and that the Jets don't screw it up and they take Rosen and not Allen. 

Agreed. I would still try and swap picks with the Giants. 

25 minutes ago, KBS756 said:

I firmly believe we knew darnold was 90% going 1 and we’re comfortable with both Rosen and Allen 

question is of the 2 who we grade higher. Personally I’d take Allen 

side note we aren’t drafting them but some non qbs in this draft look like sure fire studs 

Derwin James, Barkley, Chubb, Nelson

some non QB teams in this top 10 are gonna be really happy with some of the talent that makes it to them because of the QBs

You seem to be the highest on Allen. Where do you project him?

comparison are never the best. But I see his floor as a slightly less athletic Cam and his ceiling as the player we all wanted Cam to be. But mostly see him being a middle of pack QB but still someone you can win with as long as you have a strong defense and a solid running game.

Rosen: Bad Eli to Good Eli

Mayfield: Pre last year Keenum to 2017 Alex Smith

41 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I agree.  Mayfield is a gamer but that height issue is too much to over come to be a top 10 pick let alone a top 5.  Heck Brees had a great college career and ended up in round 2.

That is a poor argument.  Brees was taken in the 2nd round, but he is a first ballot HOFer, you don't think there are plenty of teams that regret passing on him due to height?

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That is a poor argument.  Brees was taken in the 2nd round, but he is a first ballot HOFer, you don't think there are plenty of teams that regret passing on him due to height?

Its a valid argument.  How many 6 foot QBs are HOFs let alone successful in the NFL today aside from Brees?

Brees is clearly the exception not the rule. 

57 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I haven’t seen any reports saying that the Jets like Allen but a ton have said they like Baker; especially at the combine. Only places I’ve seen Allen to the Jets are in mock drafts. 

4 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Its a valid argument.  How many 6 foot QBs are HOFs let alone successful in the NFL today aside from Brees?

Brees is clearly the exception not the rule. 

Wilson?  Rodgers is only an inch taller and Baker’s LT in college was 6’8

12 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

It's one example, Wilson is the other. 

At the same time Allen gets criticized for similar traits to other QBs who failed but he's his own player and will sink or swim on his own talents, same for Mayfield but the short QB isn't exactly ideal.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Wilson?  Rodgers is only an inch taller and Baker’s LT in college was 6’8

Exactly my point .. 32 teams.  2 QBs around six feet.  Rodger is 6'2" and has a canon for an arm compared to Mayfield.

All three of those guys were not top 5 or 10 picks as well.  Not saying Mayfield can't or won't be a good QB.  Saying he is not going top 5 because of height. 

18 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

You seem to be the highest on Allen. Where do you project him?

comparison are never the best. But I see his floor as a slightly less athletic Cam and his ceiling as the player we all wanted Cam to be. But mostly see him being a middle of pack QB but still someone you can win with as long as you have a strong defense and a solid running game.

Rosen: Bad Eli to Good Eli

Mayfield: Pre last year Keenum to 2017 Alex Smith

I see Rosen as Eli but a little worse

Allen I think your close on the Cam Newton comp, I see him as half way between cam newton and Rothlisbeger. A lot of it honestly for me depends on worth ethic which is hard for us to tell but it does seem Allen is able to learn. But also I see some of Farve in there too, bit of self confidence and never say die gunslinging.

Obviously I’m a bit of an optimist For sure because there are plenty of rough patches in his film ... but cam also occasionally threw complete ducks in college due to mechanics and he’s cleaned them up and improved (tho his play style leads to him taking a beating)

farve was often over aggressive and made dumb throws on the confidence in his arm but also high risk and reward plays.

and like rothlisbeger I think he’s gonna be hard to bring down and create a lot of plays in chaos.

and to me I think creating plays in the chaos is a  Key trait for a Qb especially breaking the play for the defense, I think Allen has the most potential to do that well as he was pretty much forced into it during college constantly. While I think Rosen is excellent in the pocket and does step into pressure and deliver throws, don’t see as much excellence in true chaos.

whoever we draft I’m sure that our coaching staff will be sold on him tho.

19 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I haven’t seen any reports saying that the Jets like Allen but a ton have said they like Baker; especially at the combine. Only places I’ve seen Allen to the Jets are in mock drafts. 

I’m not going to spend the time looking up each source I’ve seen, feel free to do that on your own. But go check out Benjamin Allbright’s Twitter, he’s been saying it for some time. He’s proven to be plugged into he Jets FO and called the Jets interest in Hack way before anyone else.

While I’ve seen Peter King and Louis Riddick mock Mayfield to the Jets, it seemed much more like them liking the player/fit rather than it being based on any sources.

Archived