Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

His intagibles are the best to

You have to remember he is only a 20 something year old qb competing against a bunch of 23 and 24 year old qb

Well at the same time he is about to be a 21 year old QB with a bunch of 30 year olds trying to rip his head off

While I dont like that USC generally sucks at producing good NFL QBs outside of Carson Palmer, I dont hear anybody complaining about Penn St. RBs and Barkley. 

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well at the same time he is about to be a 21 year old QB with a bunch of 30 year olds trying to rip his head off

While I dont like that USC generally sucks at producing good NFL QBs outside of Carson Palmer, I dont hear anybody complaining about Penn St. RBs and Barkley. 

Preach.

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Such a shame. Too bad money rules and we just can’t have a media member just tell the facts. 

I blame soaps. 

Consider the possibility that she just is an idiot.

La Confora "reports" for clicks; MKC is, well, just MKC.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Consider the possibility that she just is an idiot.

La Confora "reports" for clicks; MKC is, well, just MKC.

I wish mkc knew how dumb her opinions were. 

8ndont kind her as a beat reporter, she is the  worst analyst 

Literally everyone on this form is better at part of her job than she is.

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wish mkc knew how dumb her opinions were. 

8ndont kind her as a beat reporter, she is the  worst analyst 

Literally everyone on this form is better at part of her job than she is.

At the risk of being politically incorrect, she is a token.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Such a shame. Too bad money rules and we just can’t have a media member just tell the facts. 

I blame soaps. 

I don't think it's money related. I'm not a big fan of hers, by any means, but there definitely are worse ones. Grossi is terrible, and quite honestly his snide personality and constant Browns bashing has probably hurt other members of Cleveland media that cover the team. One thing that I do dislike from the Browns specific media group (MKC, Grossi, Rueiter, Pat Mc) is that while the passion seems to be there for the Browns (Grossi I'm convinced will fade out as soon as we start winning), they don't do much research when it comes to the offseason stuff. Mostly you just get regurgitation facts from what mainstream media is already saying. That's the issue with the MKC reporting on Allen that I have. It's not her article. It's an article she wrote that was basically filled with others opinions of how his pro day went, and because of physical traits and upside, she predicts that he is a viable candidate for the pick. Pat is probably the best of the group above, but he doesn't tell us anything we don't already know. None of these guys have an inside track on information anymore. 

Zegura and Fox are guys that I wish had more air time. Both are hugely respected, LOVE football and the Browns, and actually study the players and, dare I say it, analytics. I'd rather get reporting on player research and research based opinions than "Browns dream draft: Top QB plus Barkley, Chubb or Fitzpatrick". Gee Pat, you don't say? 

26 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The argument that USC doesn’t generally produce good QBs is such a garbage take. 

There is literally no program or school that is know for producing QBs. It is such an extremely hard position to coach and develop that is nearly impossible to recreate. 

There is no blue print for a legit NFL QB.

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The argument that USC doesn’t generally produce good QBs is such a garbage take. 

There is literally no program or school that is know for producing QBs. It is such an extremely hard position to coach and develop that is nearly impossible to recreate. 

There is no blue print for a legit NFL QB.

Any general take like that really doesn't mean anything. Like saying a 6'1 QB can't make it even though QBs under 6' drafted in the 1st 3 rounds have a much higher success rate than those 6' or over. It's a small sample size (like USC QBs) but the success rate is there.

Lolz... if anyone wants to be right they should root for the Browns to NOT take their favorite guy.

Now if you do support one guy over the others, he is the CLE qb the next decade, kudos to you. There's a jersey of names tho that just keeps gettin longer...

Thinking of the reality i almost hope we dont take a qb.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

His intagibles are the best to

You have to remember he is only a 20 something year old qb competing against a bunch of 23 and 24 year old qb

This is why I am ***beginning*** to lean towards Darnold as the QB I want us to take. Zegura was talking about Darnold and Mayfield on CBD last Friday, I believe, and from his people within, those two were clearly #1 and #2 when it came to knowledge of offensive plays and mastering the white board. Mayfield was stronger, but he also has been in college for 3 more years than Darnold. His knowledge at 20 is going to be even better at 23. His core strength will come along, which is going to make his already solid arm even stronger. 

I do think Mayfield is going to break the Big 12 curse. I hope he goes to the right team though. I wish the Saints were drafting high enough to be able to take him. 

21 minutes ago, bruceb said:

At the risk of being politically incorrect, she is a token.

That ain’t a risk Bruce that is anti pc. Which I commend you for. 

I am happy for women to participate in sports reporting and commentary, for I just wish they had to be competent.

one of the female play by play callers is good enough to do the job.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

That ain’t a risk Bruce that is anti pc. Which I commend you for. 

I am happy for women to participate in sports reporting and commentary, for I just wish they had to be competent.

one of the female play by play callers is good enough to do the job.

I mean competence in sports reporting is in short supply, regardless of gender.

Archived