Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

23 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

A good example of this is chubb he showed that he was just as much as a freak as Garrett is.

The combine helped him more than almost everybody

DQOwM.gif

Don't get me wrong here. Chubb is a very good athlete. But he is not Myles Garrett level good.

SPARQ is a really good measurement for overall athleticism. Myles Garrett scored a 149.3, better than 98.7% of NFL athletes. Chubb scored a 130.2, better than 78.6% of NFL athletes. There were six DEs who tested better than Chubb at his position in this class alone (Landry, Sweat, Aruna, Davenport, Fitts, and Jacobs).

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

True.

I don't think you want good healthy when there is more impact potential at 4. 

just how good due you chubb will be i have not seen alot of film on him unlike garrett

that is the reason i relied on more combine stats

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

DQOwM.gif

Don't get me wrong here. Chubb is a very good athlete. But he is not Myles Garrett level good.

SPARQ is a really good measurement for overall athleticism. Myles Garrett scored a 149.3, better than 98.7% of NFL athletes. Chubb scored a 130.2, better than 78.6% of NFL athletes. There were six DEs who tested better than Chubb at his position in this class alone (Landry, Sweat, Aruna, Davenport, Fitts, and Jacobs).

not sure i understand sparks other than it makes my car go

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

not sure i understand sparks other than it makes my car go

SPARQ is basically a jumbled up Frankenstein stat made up of all the combine drills plus height and weight. So like, you shouldn't expect a 6' 200 WR to run as fast as a 6'5 275 DE. Plus the 40 isn't the be-all end-all of drills. SPARQ gives a way to compare athletes with different height/weight as well as to see how overall athletic somebody is by combining all the different drills (explosion in the jumps, agility in the 3 cone, etc.)

52 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

DQOwM.gif

To me defensive ends do not start till you hit 270 lbs

Also your precious sparq score says to draft sweat in front of darnold

Also given the fact chub is bigger faster and stronger then lawrence taylor that makes him a freak

Archived