Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like Chubb, but Myles is built like a Greek God. It’s not fair comparing them athletically.

excellent post let me dream chubb,ogbah,and garrett with peppers coming of the edge on ablitz

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

To me defensive ends do not start till you hit 270 lbs

Also your precious sparq score says to draft sweat in front of darnold

Also given the fact chub is bigger faster and stronger then lawrence taylor that makes him a freak

That's.... That's not how this works. Are there still people that think this is how it works?

The SPARQ score tells you who (according to their athletic testing) is a better athlete. Not who the better football player is or who you have to draft. Obi Melifonwu was a SPARQ god, but he's not a better prospect than say Derwin or Malik Hooker. This testing says Sweat is a better athlete than Chubb, which he is. Chubb is better with his hands, has been more productive, and hasn't had major injury issues. A SPARQ score or any other athletic test is just about athleticism, not the whole package.

It also doesn't work cross position, and no one cares about SPARQ for quarterbacks, it's the position where athleticism matters least in the whole sport (see Brady, Tom). 

I just... Man. Most DE's these days are bigger/faster/stronger than Taylor. It's just how the sport, training regimens, and sports science has evolved.

Like, not a single statement in this post is based on any level of understanding regarding what you're knocking.

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Also your precious sparq score says to draft sweat in front of darnold

Also given the fact chub is bigger faster and stronger then lawrence taylor that makes him a freak

^--This guy gets it.

#funnudeisback

45 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

That's.... That's not how this works. Are there still people that think this is how it works?

The SPARQ score tells you who (according to their athletic testing) is a better athlete. Not who the better football player is or who you have to draft. Obi Melifonwu was a SPARQ god, but he's not a better prospect than say Derwin or Malik Hooker. This testing says Sweat is a better athlete than Chubb, which he is. Chubb is better with his hands, has been more productive, and hasn't had major injury issues. A SPARQ score or any other athletic test is just about athleticism, not the whole package.

It also doesn't work cross position, and no one cares about SPARQ for quarterbacks, it's the position where athleticism matters least in the whole sport (see Brady, Tom). 

I just... Man. Most DE's these days are bigger/faster/stronger than Taylor. It's just how the sport, training regimens, and sports science has evolved.

Like, not a single statement in this post is based on any level of understanding regarding what you're knocking.

ok prove it

plug in jj watts number who was quoted as being a freak athlete

verses chubb

Based on everything I have heard/read, things went swimmingly today for Sam Darnold.

Boy, wouldn't ya think that with the dinner the night before (the romance), the parents meeting today (the formality) and his performance today (the main reason we love him) that it's time to pop the question?

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Based on everything I have heard/read, things went swimmingly today for Sam Darnold.

Boy, wouldn't ya think that with the dinner the night before (the romance), the parents meeting today (the formality) and his performance today (the main reason we love him) that it's time to pop the question?

one of the throws that i have seen many times is roll out right then throwback left from a 20 year old kid his arm strength could be off the charts when he is 27.

And btw his number one pick status was not solidified at a freaking pro day. That was done with his game film. 

My breakdown of evaluating a qb?  85% game film, 10% interviews/private workouts  and 5% underwear olympics/pro days. 

Unfortunately im not privy to the interviews. 

Archived