Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Nothing special so far. Probably only going to be the last couple throws.

He’s clearly inaccurate.

When darnold rolled out and moved yesterday he was going with power and speed.

Allen is underwhelming in that regard. He slows himself down and doesn’t anticipate. 

I obviously don’t care much about pro days. But the bolded actually impressed me. He moves more impressively than I thought. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I obviously don’t care much about pro days. But the bolded actually impressed me. He moves more impressively than I thought. 

Yeah Darnold is a powerhouse and as natural as it gets when it comes to that. Allen looks so much like a dude that happens to have an otherworldly strong arm, but doesn't really know how to play football.

I mean the rollouts were nothing like football, especially at the end. It was basically all about just getting him to launch it. Darnold went full tilt with his just as he would in a game. 

We got nothing to worry about here in my opinion. Except Earth Movin' Hue and Notepad Haslam.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

ESPN saying Allen was much more impressive than Darnold at pro day.

Didn’t see it. Not sure how a pro day moves the needle on a QB though.

That's ridiculous if so.

I just sat through the whole thing. Not impressive at all. Wow he threw it far to nobody at the end. He was half speeding it the whole time, because he obviously needed to do that to stay accurate.

14 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Probably not. We're all dealing in hypotheticals so far, so it would depend on the offer. In general I'm in for moving down in this draft specifically. But if we are staying put I'd support Ward or Chubb over Barkley, Nelson, or one of the safeties.

Man, I just have such a hard time being willing to accept the idea of Denzel Ward over Saquon Barkley. I understand that it may be the Ohio State juice talking, but I don't think I'm ready to take Ward at number four. That said, If we grab him at 12 and a trade down with Buffalo I would need a new keyboard. His frame makes me a little nervous to grab that high, though the tape and argument of him being the guy to cover Antonio makes sense.

10 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Man, I just have such a hard time being willing to accept the idea of Denzel Ward over Saquon Barkley. I understand that it may be the Ohio State juice talking, but I don't think I'm ready to take Ward at number four. That said, If we grab him at 12 and a trade down with Buffalo I would need a new keyboard. His frame makes me a little nervous to grab that high, though the tape and argument of him being the guy to cover Antonio makes sense.

Yeah, I like the analogy of different guys in your secondary being able to do different things. Ward isn't the guy you throw on Julio or Green. He's the guy you throw on Brown, T.Y. Hilton, etc.

Barkley is a better player, but I just give so little comparative value to RB. I would much rather grab one in the 2nd/4th range.

A quick look on other Browns forums shows me some wild Josh Allen takes.

If he played for USC, Darnold would’ve never seen the field. He’s bigger, stronger, faster, better leader, better looking etc etc...

If I had an account, my reply would just be this:

46 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Allen has no anticipation whatsoever on his throws...he needs the big arm to throw late

It’s very apparent. He waits for the guy to get to the spot. That won’t cut it in the nfl, regardless of how much your arm might be able to cover it up from time to time.

Another very apparent thing was that he had to slow himself down to ensure he was accurate. It felt very unnatural.

Common sense should prevail. We just need to have hope in Dorsey.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I ever need someone to throw a grenade or a home run ball back on the field, Josh Allen is my guy, but I’ll take Darnold to play QB.

Bro, Only a 56% chance he gets your enemies. 
10% chance he throws it at the ground in front of you. 

Archived