Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I ever need someone to throw a grenade or a home run ball back on the field, Josh Allen is my guy, but I’ll take Darnold to play QB.

I swear man....on everything that is good.... if we go Allen at 1....I'm getting the kerosene, renting 3 buses, and I'll need someone to scoop some matches....we're heading to Berea and anyone committed to the cause is welcome aboard....

Just convince me we're not going to do it...

Someone...hold me...I'm scared...

8 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Darnolds floor is a good QB with too many turnovers. 

allens floor is a dumpster fire.

rosens floor is a good QB who gets concussed again. 

Bakers floor is an emotional blow up or bad off the field decisions 

Yeah I think a guy like Bortles is the minimum you’d get from Darnold.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I think a guy like Bortles is the minimum you’d get from Darnold.

Though I get the concept of the floor, I still find it hard to reconcile that comp even. Darnold does things that Bortles couldn’t dream of. I know that comparison is a floor, so it’s not meant to be a particularly nice one, but Sam would have to revert to having minimal instincts on the field for it to be a good one.

In general I’m not a big fan of the floor/ceiling arguments. I think a player is what he is, rather than being a possibility of the worst player one can think of with a similar style or the best player with a similar style.

I can't do it man...I can't go back and forth like this with the thought of Allen or Mayfield going 1 instead of Darnold or Rosen...the thought of Allen over Darnold makes my stomach hurt.

So, I'm doing what I do every year around this time....I'm out until the days/week before the draft.

Wish you all well until then....Keep the Darnold faith....keep your sanity....we're so close to finally doing it...I can't believe it...PLEASE DON'T Screw this up....

Sending all the positive vibes of Darnold our way.

I've watched all the tape on the prospects I'm going to watch.

I've finalized my big board in the signature.

I know who I want and who I hate as prospects in this draft.

--------------------------------

Here's my final final big board....it will go unchanged except in the instance that something crazy happens with character concerns.

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

This is my best case scenario final target board based on the idea of trading both picks at the top of the 2nd for 1st round picks.

1. Number 1 Overall. 1st Pick: Sam Darnold, QB USC

2. 2nd Pick (2nd, 1st Rounder): Bradley Chubb, DE NCSTATE

3. 3rd Pick (3rd, 1st Rounder) Mike Hughes, CB UCF

4. 4th Pick (4th, 1st Rounder) a. Da'Ron Payne, DT Alabama // b. Mike McGlinchey, LT Notre Dame // c. DJ Moore, WR Maryland // d. Taven Bryan, DT Florida // e. Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville // f. Carlton Davis, CB Auburn (if our staff gets beyond his commitment and maturity issues).

If we, walk away from the draft with Darnold, Chubb, Hughes, and 1 of (Payne, McGlinchey, Moore, Bryan, or Alexander).

We really need Mike Hughes' 4.53, 40 yard dash, and diminutive size to scare some teams off so he can fall in round 1. It's a real possibility.

It'll be the best draft ever...

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Based on Trade Back into the First Targets -- The Mock Draft

**** Philosophy: Create as many positional units that can be a decisive force on the field.

1(1) Browns Select: Sam Darnold QB USC

1(2) New York Giants select Josh Allen QB Wyoming

1(3) New York Jets (via Trade) select Josh Rosen QB UCLA 

1(4) Browns Select: Bradley Chubb DE NC State 

***Trade**** Trade our Eagles' 2nd Round pick number 65 overall to move up 11 spots to go from 33 to 22 in the 1st round. We receive a 2018 5th round pick, 6th round pick, and the 22nd overall pick for the 33rd and the 65th overall pick in the second round. We go up and get the best CB in the draft. It costs us a pretty penny, but it's well worth it.

**1(22) Browns Select: Mike Hughes CB UCF

***Trade**** We give up our 4th round pick and future considerations to secure a 4th, 1st round pick. We traded a 4th round pick to trade up from the 2nd to the 1st last year to select David Njoku. So, we essentially do that trade again this year.

**1(27) Browns Select: Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama // Mike McGlinchey LT Notre Dame // DJ Moore WR Maryland // Taven Bryan DT Florida // Carlton Davis CB Auburn (if our staff gets beyond his commitment and maturity issues)

5. Browns Select: Dane Cruikshank FS Arizona

5.***via Trade-- Browns Select: Ade Aruna DE Tulane // Mark Walton RB Miami (Ankle and knee injury concerns drop him in the draft along with RB talent pool depth)

6. Browns Select: Hunter Renfrow WR Clemson

7. Browns Select: BPA

----------------------------

------------------------

Here's my final final general big board

Final (3/21/18) - Targeted Big Board of Prospects to Select with our 1st + 2nd Round Picks Ranked by My Belief in their Browns Impact: 1. Sam Darnold, QB USC - (Top of 1st ), 2. Josh Rosen, QB UCLA - (Top of 1st ), 3. Mike Hughes, CB UCF - (28th-70th Pick ), 4. Bradley Chubb, DE NC State - (Top 6 Pick ), 5. Saquon Barkley, RB Penn State - (Top 6 Pick ), 6. Roquan Smith, LB Georgia - (10th-28th Pick), 7. DJ Moore, WR Maryland - (22nd-50th Pick), 8. Denzel Ward, CB Ohio State - (7th-38th Pick ), 9. Minkah Fitzpatrick, NCB/SS Alabama - (Top 10 Pick), 10. Mike McGlinchey, LT Notre Dame - (12th-45th Pick ), 11. Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma - (1st-20th Pick), 12. Derrius Guice, RB LSU - (20th-75th Pick), 13. Courtland Sutton, WR SMU - (22nd-35th Pick), 14. Dane Cruikshank, FS Arizona - (58th-150th Pick) 15a. Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville - (40th-95th Pick), 15a. Da'Ron Payne, DT Alabama - (18th-50th Pick), 16a. Taven Bryan, DT Florida - (24th-55th Pick), 16b.Tremaine Edmunds, LB Va.Tech - (12th-42nd Pick ), 17. Derwin James, SS/LB FSU - (6th-42nd Pick), 18. Carlton Davis, CB Auburn - (10th-28th Pick), 19. Darious Williams, CB UAB - (58th-70th Pick), 20. Marcus Davenport, DE UTSA - (10th-42nd Pick), 21. Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa - (7th-24th Pick ), 22. Billy Price C OSU - (100th-120th Pick), 23. Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama - (15th-35th Pick), 24. Hayden Hurt, TE South Carolina - (17th-70th Pick), 25. James Washington, WR Oklahoma State - (40th-95th Pick), 26. Ronald Jones, RB USC - (24th-64th Pick), 27. Mark Walton, RB Miami- (45th-100th Pick), 28. Mark Andrews, TE Oklahoma - (35th-80th Pick), 29. Dallas Goedert, TE South Dakota State - (35th-80th Pick), 30. Mike Gesiki, TE Penn State - (35th-55th Pick), 31. Duke Dawson, CB Florida - (60th-80th Pick), 32. Sony Michel, RB Georgia - (45th-90th Pick), 33. Ade Aruna,  DE Tulane - (85th-120th Pick)

-----------------

See you all at the end of the crazy season....

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

That's ridiculous if so.

I just sat through the whole thing. Not impressive at all. Wow he threw it far to nobody at the end. He was half speeding it the whole time, because he obviously needed to do that to stay accurate.

Thanks for the observations and commentary from those of us that didn't watch.

Respect your judgment and appreciate the info.

Archived