Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

5 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

That's a possibility. But I don't see a Myles Garrett level "elite" athlete when I watch Chubb. I see a really, really good athlete. Which is what his combine numbers had him as. I always struggle with pro-day numbers because they're either hand timed or timed via the school's system and you never know which ones might be friendly. (I loved the story of a scout who went to a school's proday that was famously time-friendly and at the end he asked if he could set a basketball down on the field and see if it rolled and the coach smiled and said he certainly may NOT.)

sounds good but i still think chubb has elite traits

76 inches tall

runs a 4.6 fourty

plus his 3 cone 4.16

2 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

For what it’s worth Mary K said several prominent Browns coaches and executives are in love with Josh Allen. 

Part of this doubtless is that MKC is in love with Josh Allen.

She does tend to project and Allen is better looking and more a specimen than Darnold.

On the other hand, where there is smoke, there is fire.

This reinforces my belief that this team can accumulate all the talent it wants but will not win games consistently without the right coaching and leadership, which at the moment it lacks.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Just heard on WTAM that Hueball ran onto the field and hugged Darnold when his session ended.

What is he going to do with Allen, give him a bj?

Hue seems more of the blumpkin type.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Words out there that he’s gonna go for 100 yds. 

I hope he does so someone else trades up for him.

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

The difference is Chubb isn’t going to make a living off his athletic ability. I don’t care if he isn’t a freak Athlete like Garrett. If he was he would be going top3 IMO. You pick him because he is a darn good athlete and has amazing technique and has darn good game tape. 

He ia going to be like Bosa IMO. Not going to over power a tackle with strength or raw athletic ability but with their technique and hand placement. That once they have that tackle beat they have the athletic ability to do whatever they want in the backfield

I don't think you've seen the discussion Buno. This is exactly what I've been arguing, that Chubb is worth a high pick but isn't the insane athlete Garrett was. Chubb would be a fine pick and he's a good prospect.

Archived