Sam Darnold Pro Day (3/21/18)

Mind Character

7 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

And btw his number one pick status was not solidified at a freaking pro day. That was done with his game film. 

My breakdown of evaluating a qb?  85% game film, 10% interviews/private workouts  and 5% underwear olympics/pro days. 

Unfortunately im not privy to the interviews. 

Luckily we all enjoy the underwear olympics. 

3 hours ago, bruceb said:

Based on everything I have heard/read, things went swimmingly today for Sam Darnold.

Boy, wouldn't ya think that with the dinner the night before (the romance), the parents meeting today (the formality) and his performance today (the main reason we love him) that it's time to pop the question?

A scuzzy bum with a brindle put bull mix outside USC hollers the answer, "Baker baker" as Jimmy walks by, attempting to see if Haslam and his friends are interested in buying dabs off him. Jimmy sees it as a sign. He then buys some dabs off the hobo & gets Hepatitis C.

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

And to get back to the must do negative, he’s unfortunately ugly:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/02/nfl-quarterbacks-attractive-your-brain-on-sports

'“Facial appearance also predicts how successful a leader is,” Rule added. “What we’ve seen is that people who lead companies that are more successful actually look like they’re better leaders. These perceptions scale with the amount of profit that the company makes.” In other words, the more respondents think a CEO’s photo conveys an aura of leadership, the more successful that CEO’s company turns out to be—and vice versa."

There's a lot of interesting reading in there, though it's quite a long article.

As strange as it sounds, quarterbacks have shown to have success commensurate to how much of a leader they "look like". Now the question is--though can any of us look at these quarterbacks objectively at this point?...I dunno, but anyway--who looks like a leader? Leaders look confident, steely in their resolve, grounded energy, unflappable. Hmm.

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

A little domestic violence would hel

Well that took a turn.

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

If he doesn’t rape anybody we’re good. 

Just trying to maintain negativity. Rosen and mayfield are both far better looking. 

You beat me to the rapeness--was afk. Well done.

6 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

And to get back to the must do negative, he’s unfortunately ugly:

I thought he was quite fetching in his own unique way, in that SC cap.

But then I also don’t think his throwing motion is ugly, so don’t trust my judgment!

2 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

357537_BF_21_C0_4800_B6_B3_3_A2_EE6_BF03

I love this attitude.

I know some like the in your face “competitiveness” of Mayfield, but I think that gets old to those around it everyday (imo).

I love a guy who simply knows he swings the big d*ck and doesn’t get phased by anything.  Calm and cool.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I love this attitude.

I know some like the in your face “competitiveness” of Mayfield, but I think that gets old to those around it everyday (imo).

I love a guy who simply knows he swings the big d*ck and doesn’t get phased by anything.  Calm and cool.

I have no more virtual footballs to give apparently.

I need to try and avoid social media for the next month. I posted a comment on the Cleveland Browns instagram post of Darnold, saying he should be the pick. And I got a comment back from someone calling me a ‘moron’. Hard not to rise to it. He wanted Josh Allen. Enough said.

16 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I have no more virtual footballs to give apparently.

I need to try and avoid social media for the next month. I posted a comment on the Cleveland Browns instagram post of Darnold, saying he should be the pick. And I got a comment back from someone calling me a ‘moron’. Hard not to rise to it. He wanted Josh Allen. Enough said.

Lol the Josh Allen love is crazy to me.

I get the physical tools and he’s apparently a great kid, but he just hasn’t shown to be any good at actually playing football yet. Perhaps he will be, and I’d love him if I was drafting in the teens or twenties, but there are way too many questions to be in the conversation for number one in this class.

I think a decent argument for Lamar Jackson ahead of him can be made tbh.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol the Josh Allen love is crazy to me.

I get the physical tools and he’s apparently a great kid, but he just hasn’t shown to be any good at actually playing football yet. Perhaps he will be, and I’d love him if I was drafting in the teens or twenties, but there are way too many questions to be in the conversation for number one in this class.

I think a decent argument for Lamar Jackson ahead of him can be made tbh.

Completely agree.

I reckon the main prerequisite for being picked #1 overall must be to actually be good at football. Like you say, Allen isn’t really there yet.

Archived