2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

49 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21363481/detroit-lions-waive-left-tackle-greg-robinson

if he took the minimum would you give him a camp invite? Former top 3 LT, and coming off an injury. Labeled a bust, but he is still 25. Long shot to become a player but could be a Lincoln Kennedy type of project...He would be worth a camp invite 

I have an epic stat post on him from like 9 months ago thatll make you shutter at the thought of him playing for our team. Ill find it when i get home from work.

Straight answer...HELL NO. Giacomini would beat him out soundly. I enjoy watching him play tho cuz him playing LT is pure comedy.

Found it. This was as of like week 5 or 6 last year...

Because I love to hate him...

Greg Robinson's stats in 51 career games(47 starts)...

62 penalties, 37 accepted for -314 yards, 137 pressures allowed, and 20 sacks allowed for -149 yards.

???

8 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

More camp fodder. We now have 78 players on the roster before a draft where we have 11 picks and UDFAs will, of course, be in the mix. Just making the 90 is gonna be competitive like Gruden and Reggie have been saying.

Yeah, some of the players on the current roster won't make it to TC. And that could include some of the cheap FAs recently signed. They have 3 weeks to evaluate them before the draft.

9 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Yeah, some of the players on the current roster won't make it to TC. And that could include some of the cheap FAs recently signed. They have 3 weeks to evaluate them before the draft.

yes... 11 picks

2017- brought in 17 udfa 

2016- 18 udfa

2015- 20 udfa

probably bring in 17-18 udfa plus 10 drafted rookies... a lot of cuts before draft

11 hours ago, riceman80 said:

No news. We signed CB Senquez Golden and DL Armonty Bryant tho

I forgotten all about Senquez he was pretty good in college was he hurt or something cause i don't remember him even playing 

unlike most people I like raiders free agency..  in a brief

+Signed 5 starters: Nelson, K Smith, Gilchrist, Melvin, and Whitehead. 

+Cut bad characters/underachievers: Aldon Smith, S Smith, Crabtree, Amerson, Walford, Patterson, King.

+The other free agents were brought in to provide depth and competition... 

- Signing L Smith, R Nelson, and keeping Roberts :/  

12 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

unlike most people I like raiders free agency..  in a brief

+Signed 5 starters: Nelson, K Smith, Gilchrist, Melvin, and Whitehead. 

+Cut bad characters/underachievers: Aldon Smith, S Smith, Crabtree, Amerson, Walford, Patterson, King.

+The other free agents were brought in to provide depth and competition... 

- Signing L Smith, R Nelson, and keeping Roberts :/  

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

say 10 rookies draft, and 16 UDFAS and can only carry over 90 players to camp... who you cutting? 13 guys would have to be cut

My or anyone elses listed answer to that question would just be guys we don't like. Just a crap shoot in term of how they actually perform on the field. Some of the guys on the roster we haven't seen on the field and some would be playing different than the last time we seen them, whether better or worst.

My guess would be a mix of UDFAs and futures contract guys from this and last year, a few FA signings that don't workout and even a few draft picks with us having some many in the lower rounds. But that is speculation. 

20 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

My or anyone elses listed answer to that question would just be guys we don't like. Just a crap shoot in term of how they actually perform on the field. Some of the guys on the roster we haven't seen on the field and some would be playing different than the last time we seen them, whether better or worst.

My guess would be a mix of UDFAs and futures contract guys from this and last year, a few FA signings that don't workout and even a few draft picks with us having some many in the lower rounds. But that is speculation. 

for the fun of it, pick 13

Archived