2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

26 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

More camp fodder. We now have 78 players on the roster before a draft where we have 11 picks and UDFAs will, of course, be in the mix. Just making the 90 is gonna be competitive like Gruden and Reggie have been saying.

I think these things need to be kept in mind. Our cap looks bad atm but we will have 25 less players by August. Just hope Mack doesn’t hold out.

54 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Signed Armonty Bryant and Sequez Golson. 

Golson was a former 2nd round pick. Has never played.

They cut King for his antics but sign a guy like Bryant who was frequently suspended. Good ol Chucky.

3 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

They cut King for his antics but sign a guy like Bryant who was frequently suspended. Good ol Chucky.

Yup, King was a headache in the lockerroom and on the field, Bryant was a knuckle head off the field. Kinda like Aldon Sm...I can't even finish his name, I'm so disappointed. 

Don’t think we are giving Bryant three mil. A guy who is on the field 4-5 times a game shouldn’t be getting personal fouls or calling his own fakes. Dancing over punts is ridiculous when you’re 6-10.

Taking a flyer on Bryant and I’m cool with it. Guy can get after qbs.

guard to guard is out strength. Penn being 17th highest paid tackle isnt even that much considering he is prop top 10 LT imo. 

Gabe just needs a restructure but I'd have to trade him unless its for a 2nd rounder.

20 minutes ago, roi34 said:

guard to guard is out strength. Penn being 17th highest paid tackle isnt even that much considering he is prop top 10 LT imo. 

Gabe just needs a restructure but I'd have to trade him unless its for a 2nd rounder.

this year we made a lot of turnover.. can't have too much in one off season... guys in 2018 on hot seat to be gone for cheaper deals in 2019:

Penn LT - getting older, could use replacement

Irvin LB- is good but paid alot

Jelly DT- average NT could be upgraded

Jackson G- good but overpaid

Lynch RB- getting older

Cook TE- could let walk if he has a down year.....

Lynch and cook are free agents after this year. I could see us drafting an Irvin type at some point in the draft. If it were up to me, if we don’t get a tackle first two rounds, I would just wait until next year. Not sure any of those other guys are better than Kirkland, Alexander, ware, and sharpe.

2 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Not sure any of those other guys are better than Kirkland, Alexander, ware, and sharpe.

In the draft? I'm almost certain there are 5-6 tackles better than them in this draft: McGlinchey, Williams, Wynn, Brown, Crosby, Jones, Rankin.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

In the draft? I'm almost certain there are 5-6 tackles better than them in this draft: McGlinchey, Williams, Wynn, Brown, Crosby, Jones, Rankin.

He said outside of the first 2 rounds, which with any luck a Crosby or Rankin couls slide to our 3rd. But its a really weak year for OTs so i expect demand weighing so much over supply will lead to teams reaching for talent.

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/cap/

according to this, Raiders have 11m in cap space.... that is including the draft pool

This is the second time someone has posted this. Scroll down and you will see that cap # doesn't include Bryant Tank Giacomini Golson Harris Lamur Manuel Nelson and Smith.

4 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

This is the second time someone has posted this. Scroll down and you will see that cap # doesn't include Bryant Tank Giacomini Golson Harris Lamur Manuel Nelson and Smith.

it includes Lee Smith....

Golson 500 K guessing he is young minimum isn't much

Bryant  500 K

Giacomini 1m

Harris 1m

Manuel 800 K

K Smith 2m

Lamur 800 K

Nelson 2M

that would leave us with around 2-3 M in cap space.   I like all the depth signings just don't like the L Smith, Giacomini, and Nelson.. guys are just lousy football players and could have signed an impact player with that 5-6 m those 3 cost...

24 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

it includes Lee Smith....

Golson 500 K guessing he is young minimum isn't much

Bryant  500 K

Giacomini 1m

Harris 1m

Manuel 800 K

K Smith 2m

Lamur 800 K

Nelson 2M

that would leave us with around 2-3 M in cap space.   I like all the depth signings just don't like the L Smith, Giacomini, and Nelson.. guys are just lousy football players and could have signed an impact player with that 5-6 m those 3 cost...

OMG, did you see me include 2 Smiths. No. Look at the site. It say Keith Smith.

I posted yesterday that Scott Bair checked the NFLPA, which has all the signed contracts on file, that we have 1.8mil left.

Archived