2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

I'll take Galette... and where is all our cap space gone to? lol..

Carr is only big contract it feels like we have.. Irvin isn't getting paid that much, and Sean Smith is gone. Mack is next big contract on team after carr..

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

I'll take Galette... and where is all our cap space gone to? lol..

Carr is only big contract it feels like we have.. Irvin isn't getting paid that much, and Sean Smith is gone. Mack is next big contract on team after carr..

Our OL. About 45 million a year goes towards the OL. Penn never should have received such a massive pay increase. G. Jackson should have only been paid around 7 million a year. The guy makes top 5 OG pay which is ridiculous. About 10 million of their pay should have gone to a defensive playmaker. 

13 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Our OL. About 45 million a year goes towards the OL. Penn never should have received such a massive pay increase. G. Jackson should have only been paid around 7 million a year. The guy makes top 5 OG pay which is ridiculous. About 10 million of their pay should have gone to a defensive playmaker. 

I agree on Penn. Less so on Gabe. But even just having 5mil of that money back would be nice. Oh well. Spilled milk.

If we need cash it will probably come from the Oline getting restructured so atleast there is that.

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

I could see us drafting a pass catching tight end and cutting Cook. 5 mil right there.

I read Gruden is rumored to really like Mike Gesicki. He's a pure pass catcher. My guess is if they land a guy they like in the draft, Cook could be released, otherwise he's safe.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

We've all been so focused on the defense that we don't even think about the possibility of grabbing a weapon but a guy like Gesicki or Hurst in the 2nd after taking defender high in the 1st could definitely happen IMO

It definitely can, if a guy is there in 2nd that wasn't expected to last especially. you're going to have some 2nd round defensive talent fall to us in 3rd because of depth at a lot of spots. People will be trying to draft up the offensive side before thier gone as well. run of qbs will help too

9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I agree on Penn. Less so on Gabe. But even just having 5mil of that money back would be nice. Oh well. Spilled milk.

If we need cash it will probably come from the Oline getting restructured so atleast there is that.

Opposite for me I agree with Penn less on Gabe mostly because who else was goin to play LT. As for Gabe I might of let just let him walk at that price imo

2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

We've all been so focused on the defense that we don't even think about the possibility of grabbing a weapon but a guy like Gesicki or Hurst in the 2nd after taking defender high in the 1st could definitely happen IMO

No thanks. I still fail to see how he's anything more than a day 3 selection. And he will be a 25 year old rookie. Goedert is unpolished, but has upside. This TE class is lousy.

I could see Gruden liking Smyth who is a throwback run blocking TE. He has Gruden written all over him.

7 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Agree but the other thing is I feel like we've been more preoccupied with the RB and OT positions on offense as well

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

No thanks. I still fail to see how he's anything more than a day 3 selection. And he will be a 25 year old rookie. Goedert is unpolished, but has upside. This TE class is lousy.

I could see Gruden liking Smyth who is a throwback run blocking TE. He has Gruden written all over him.

Yeah I’m over draft 25 year old picks early, maybe day 3 if it’s value... I could see these guys in play in day 2

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/dallas-goedert?id=32462018-0002-5598-50df-cbcb73dca454

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mike-gesicki?id=32462018-0002-5598-8955-096ca0282cf3

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/ian-thomas?id=32462018-0002-5598-49c6-a898fedcd981

15 hours ago, Jerry said:

Gabe is a good starter but is paid like an all pro.. fix that contract next offseason... hopefully Penn is gone and we draft a LT in 2019... the 2018 tackle class sucks 

Archived