2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

37 minutes ago, reddevil said:

That's a bit of change for Giacomini. All I know of him is that he had a dreadful PFF rating last year and that he has been a starter for the last 6/7 years. I don't suppose any of us has watched him closely enough in a game to know if he is either ad bad as the PFF grade suggests, or reasonable enough as his starter status might suggest?

Makes me believe that they will keep him around as depth at the very least. 

So...last I counted we're at 76 guys on the roster and have 11 draft picks. Safe to say our FA additions are probably about done.

But if you could exchange 2 players on the roster (preferably someone who could actually make the team) for 2 guys still available, who would you go for?

Personally, give me Markus Wheaton and get rid of Seth Roberts.

Let Shareece Wright go, give me Delvin Breaux.

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

So...last I counted we're at 76 guys on the roster and have 11 draft picks. Safe to say our FA additions are probably about done.

But if you could exchange 2 players on the roster (preferably someone who could actually make the team) for 2 guys still available, who would you go for?

Personally, give me Markus Wheaton and get rid of Seth Roberts.

Let Shareece Wright go, give me Delvin Breaux.

Thoughts?

I would of been happy Tre Boston and Cam Meredith

37 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Roberts isn'y going anywhere this season. Some bonuses/guarantees kicked in the other week iirc. 

Agree. Unless he gets severely beaten out in TC. Like he looks like crap AND we have other guys playing well. He costs the same to keep as release.

This year we going lock in Mack to a monster deal... 2019 might be the year of great turnover.. just slow until the draft but I can see these guys walking as free agents or cut

Lynch RB

Nelson WR

Cook TE

Penn LT

Edwards DT

Jelly DT

Irvin OLB

Melvin CB'

lol half the starters.....could be major players in free agency again in 2019.

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

This year we going lock in Mack to a monster deal... 2019 might be the year of great turnover.. just slow until the draft but I can see these guys walking as free agents or cut

Lynch RB

Nelson WR

Cook TE

Penn LT

Edwards DT

Jelly DT

Irvin OLB

Melvin CB'

lol half the starters.....could be major players in free agency again in 2019.

Which begs the question, who are the notable impending free agents in 2019? 

?

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Which begs the question, who are the notable impending free agents in 2019? 

?

Right now there are a lot at just about every position.  Have to wait and see who gets extended.  Probably fans from other teams talking about Mack hitting the market but most likely will not happen but if no one gets resigned I would not mind signing Clowney, Barr, Bell, Beckham, Z Martin, JuWan James, Lewan, Donald, Ansah, Demarcus Lawernce, KJ Wright, Quinn, CJ Mosely, Lamarcus Joyner, Landon Collins, and David Johnson.I am probably missing 1 or 10 but I think you get the point.

On 11/04/2018 at 8:16 PM, reddevil said:

That's a bit of change for Giacomini. All I know of him is that he had a dreadful PFF rating last year and that he has been a starter for the last 6/7 years. I don't suppose any of us has watched him closely enough in a game to know if he is either ad bad as the PFF grade suggests, or reasonable enough as his starter status might suggest?

I watched Giacomini a few times for the Jets a couple years back and he wasn't terrible, but wasn't very good either - though he did have a number of injuries there. He looked abrasive and not afraid to mix it up but had a penchant for holding and getting penalised if I recall correctly. Maybe it was just me, but I always thought he looked very upright and struggled with speed (which most linemen do to be fair) though it was a few years ago but it doesn't sound like he changed too much judging by the PFF ratings and what Seahawks and Texans fans have written.

I would have rather taken a flyer on a 29 year old Dez rather than 33 year old Nelson.  If we could have gotten Dez for 7-10 million it would have been worth it.  Paring him with Carr would be explosive as I feel like overrated Dak has been holding him back for the last 2 years.  It will interesting to see where Dez lands.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would have rather taken a flyer on a 29 year old Dez rather than 33 year old Nelson.  If we could have gotten Dez for 7-10 million it would have been worth it.  Paring him with Carr would be explosive as I feel like overrated Dak has been holding him back for the last 2 years.  It will interesting to see where Dez lands.  

He wasn’t available at the time and we can’t afford him at this point.  I would have been for it had it been an option when we signed Jordy.

50 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Dez and explosive in the same sentence ? ? don’t see that he can still play but I’d argue Nelson plays faster even though he’s older 

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Gruden values precise route running. One of Dez's biggest flaws. Come on, man.

I would rather take a flyer on an inferior route running 29 year old rather than a great route running 33 year old that we can hope to get one more productive year out of.  Dez wins contested balls and is way more physical than Nelson at 33.  I will say that Dez is a drama queen and that is a turn off but other than that an upgrade over Nelson.  

There is more to being a good WR than precise route runner, look at Cooper as an example.  I firmly believe that Dak has held Dez back, as Dak is on of the most overrated QB's in the game.  I think under the right situation Dez will have 2 or 3 more productive years and with a QB like Carr he could achieve that.  

He's not coming to Oakland but if he ends up in NE I am willing to be he has a few more very productive years as long as TB is playing.  

Archived