2018 Free Agency Thread v2

NickButera

Fadol Brown, Andrew East, Antonio Hamilton, Darius Hillary, Tevin MItchell, Shaquille Richardson, Joby Saint Fleur, Brady Sheldon, Shakir Soto, James Stone, Shilique Calhoun, Colby Wadman, Josh Johnson

I'm sure that's not 100% accurate, but it's not hard. I've never even heard of more than half of them, and none of them will be on the team. If anyne good is picked up in draft or undrafted, any of these names can go.

1 hour ago, holyghost said:

Fadol Brown, Andrew East, Antonio Hamilton, Darius Hillary, Tevin MItchell, Shaquille Richardson, Joby Saint Fleur, Brady Sheldon, Shakir Soto, James Stone, Shilique Calhoun, Colby Wadman, Josh Johnson

I'm sure that's not 100% accurate, but it's not hard. I've never even heard of more than half of them, and none of them will be on the team. If anyne good is picked up in draft or undrafted, any of these names can go.

I'm not bagging on you and your selections, just pointing a few things out. You didn't account for position competition.

East is one of 2 LS on the roster. I'm sure that Gruden wants to see him and DePaola in action before he makes a decision. Same with Johnson being a camp arm and familiar with Gruden's system in the past, and James Stone being one of 2 centers on the roster. I know Feli can play center in a pinch but Stone is a true center. The rest I can see. They are gonna want a few around in OTAs and camp. Of course, any of these guys can be replaced by a rookie that plays the position but I going off what we know we have at the moment as this is pretty pointless.

2 hours ago, holyghost said:

good list. I just would let these guys into camp Stone, Johnson, Calhoun, Fadol Brown

I feel like Brown can be a sleeper.....maybe these guys M Bryant DE - trouble with the law, I Whitney WR, J Simmons G, E Harris S 

Jeez, you guys really can jump to conclusions and struggle to read at times. I said straight out the list wasn't accurate or an attempt to be. I just whipped it up looking over the roster at a glance. 13 guys can easily go. I was being kind to some other names as well by not listing them.

Now in direct reply, Fadol Brown means nada, Shilique Calhoun is an utter disaster. Andrew East has no chance at beating out the highest paid LS in the league in DePaola who is familiar with the ST coach (and likely targeted through the coach), and I don't see any need to carry 2 LS even in camp. James Stone is completely redundant considering our best player is our C and Feliciano is good backup. Sure Johnson is a camp arm, but if we're accounting for draftees and UDFAs, who's to say there won't be a 4th QB camp arm amongst them? Or another center? This was my point. Absolutely no way to predict now who's going to be in camp after the draft. Just trying to illustrate finding 13 guys to cut isn't hard. I could find 30.

4 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Jeez, you guys really can jump to conclusions and struggle to read at times. I said straight out the list wasn't accurate or an attempt to be. I just whipped it up looking over the roster at a glance. 13 guys can easily go. I was being kind to some other names as well by not listing them.

Now in direct reply, Fadol Brown means nada, Shilique Calhoun is an utter disaster. Andrew East has no chance at beating out the highest paid LS in the league in DePaola who is familiar with the ST coach (and likely targeted through the coach), and I don't see any need to carry 2 LS even in camp. James Stone is completely redundant considering our best player is our C and Feliciano is good backup. Sure Johnson is a camp arm, but if we're accounting for draftees and UDFAs, who's to say there won't be a 4th QB camp arm amongst them? Or another center? This was my point. Absolutely no way to predict now who's going to be in camp after the draft. Just trying to illustrate finding 13 guys to cut isn't hard. I could find 30.

We could too. And I mention all this in my reply and the post before that which got this started.

No one was calling you out or saying your picks were bad, just discussing the topic. Calm down killa.

But like I said before just because a player hasn't shown anything before doesn't mean he won't later(Calhoun). Especially with a new staff and different schemes. And James Stone at center is a clear guy that could be in camp. We normally carry 1 center and a guy that can back him up on the active roster. Like you said that is Hudson and Feli, but in the offseason and camp when we have almost double the amount of players working it makes sense to have atleast one extra, right? And the LS is the same deal but even more to the fact that Gruden has said everyone is competing for a spot. To compete you need 2 guys atleast.

12 hours ago, holyghost said:

Well, LS East just quit the team on a you-tube video because he had to compete for his spot so that is a moot point.

Giacomini: 1Y/3.5M - 1M guaranteed

Keith Smith: 2Y/3M - 1.4M guaranteed

Carradine: 1Y/1.25M - 1.15M guaranteed

Manuel: 1Y/1M - 80K guaranteed

Bryant: 1Y/790K - 0 guaranteed (cap hit:630K)

Harris: 1Y/1.05M - 90K guaranteed (cap hit:630k)

Golson: 1Y/555k - 0 guaranteed

Cap space (overthecap): 2.9M (Nelson not listed yet).

That's a bit of change for Giacomini. All I know of him is that he had a dreadful PFF rating last year and that he has been a starter for the last 6/7 years. I don't suppose any of us has watched him closely enough in a game to know if he is either ad bad as the PFF grade suggests, or reasonable enough as his starter status might suggest?

Archived