Cowboys sign WR Deonte Thompson

textaz03

38 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Meh, that's about all he could do. Height/weight/speed guy, but he's never accumulated more than like 400 yards at any level in a season including college (IIRC)

It's our scheme too. We run the same routes over and over apparently, according to that thing that was posted that day.

And that we ONLY make roster adjustments based on injury. I've never seen a staff so afraid to start someone new.

2 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

Not only does Thompson add speed, he also is a great blocker. Somthing that lacked with our WR's last year. He also plays special teams

So we will do our usual,  bring him in for a 3-5 plays per game and run a fake reverse and then a reverse. 

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Well at least he's had 1000 yards.    In his 5 year career total.  Are they maybe looking at him for kickoff returns?

He honestly wasn't used much until the Bills started having him run more routes. He did fine in Buffalo. 15.9 yds/catch can really open up the field. 

Unless we are actually cutting Dez (which is a mistake) or bench Williams, it doesn't matter who we sign.

If neither of those things happen, who is coming off the field? Witten plays every snap, Beasley is the slot guy and Zeke stays in to block. 

So besides the few plays where someone is taking a breather or any of those guys gets hurt, this signing is pointless.

5 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Unless we are actually cutting Dez (which is a mistake) or bench Williams, it doesn't matter who we sign.

If neither of those things happen, who is coming off the field? Witten plays every snap, Beasley is the slot guy and Zeke stays in to block. 

So besides the few plays where someone is taking a breather or any of those guys gets hurt, this signing is pointless.

Yeah, it's depth for when people are injured, suspended, tired, etc.. Does Thompson play ST? If memory serves correctly, I think he does, and he's pretty solid at it.

18 hours ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, it's depth for when people are injured, suspended, tired, etc.. Does Thompson play ST? If memory serves correctly, I think he does, and he's pretty solid at it.

As a kick returner though I think

Archived