Eagles sign Mike Wallace to a one-year deal

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Thx the playing time and Pro Bowls put it together now by AAV we should have been good.   The PT explains it.  

Back to Wallace - can’t see how he gets one then. 

He'll likely cancel out Brown as a signing (same position, similar-ish contracts; it's not a super exact science by any stretch).  In that sense he will gain us a pick by preventing the John Brown signing from preventing another guy from gaining a pick (e.g. Austin Howard, for example).

Remember it's a netting exercise where signings and departures are considered.

Dang, only 2.5M? That's a steal. He should be able to fill that Torrey Smith role quite easily. And with Jeffery, Agholor and Ertz pulling coverage from his side, he should be able to get over the top with much more ease than he did in Baltimore. Just a question of how many targets he'll see in Philly, but I have to imagine he'll be good for a few chunk plays from game to game. Good deal.

The Eagles just seem to be making all the right moves and getting better. You would think a team coming off a Super Bowl win is cap strapped and loses all their players. But this team is young, has a ton of resources to allocate, is getting better and are just getting started. This could be a dynasty in the making. And that really has nothing to do with this signing...

16 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

The Eagles just seem to be making all the right moves and getting better. You would think a team coming off a Super Bowl win is cap strapped and loses all their players. But this team is young, has a ton of resources to allocate, is getting better and are just getting started. This could be a dynasty in the making. And that really has nothing to do with this signing...

Helps to have Wentz on that rookie contract. 

1 hour ago, patriotsheatyan said:

It’s so weird watching teams pay significant money for crap like Richardson and Gabriel when receivers like Wallace can be had for 2.5 million.  

you have a point with Taylor Gabriel, but I'd take Paul Richardson over Mike Wallace anyday. Richardson's biggest issue I think is health. dude has a lot of talent.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

you have a point with Taylor Gabriel, but I'd take Paul Richardson over Mike Wallace anyday. Richardson's biggest issue I think is health. dude has a lot of talent.

Really like what I saw from Richardson last season. He and Stefon Diggs are cut from the same cloth...

Archived