2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

All rides on his combine performance. Ro Smith is still my favorite ILB, but Tre's physical features at ILB is insane.

Don't be shocked if he runs in the 4.4's.  The guy is a freak and arguably the best tackler in the draft. With that said, even though he's likely a better fit at ILB in a 3-4, many project him as an edge rusher in a 3-4 because of his ability to set the edge and his athleticism.

8 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Don't be shocked if he runs in the 4.4's.  The guy is a freak and arguably the best tackler in the draft. With that said, even though he's likely a better fit at ILB in a 3-4, many project him as an edge rusher in a 3-4 because of his ability to set the edge and his athleticism.

Yeah, if he hits the 4.4's. We have to consider him if we handled the QB situation. I think him and Ro will be great LBs but Edmonds flexibility is what Bowles needs on defense. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, if he hits the 4.4's. We have to consider him if we handled the QB situation. I think him and Ro will be great LBs but Edmonds flexibility is what Bowles needs on defense. 

Definitely.  Most scouts seem to think he can play anywhere and fit any scheme.  If you watch tape and you watch him set the edge, he's nasty.  The guy's tackling and form is Kuechly-esque. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

He’s still be way too small if he did that. He also isn’t a pass rusher. It’d be like asking Enunwa to be a RB. 

If he added 10 pounds, he'd be over 240 which is big enough (assuming the 10 pounds was muscle).  Either way, we might have no choice but to try it if he doesn't start playing better.  He's been abysmal through two years.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

If he added 10 pounds, he'd be over 240 which is big enough (assuming the 10 pounds was muscle).  Either way, we might have no choice but to try it if he doesn't start playing better.  He's been abysmal through two years.

I’m more talking about him only being 6’1”

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If they sign Cousins, Nelson is the best pick at 6 IMO. Do it right for once please

My first option would be to trade back. If we can't trade back, Nelson would be my pick as well. I would like for the Jets to really address the OL this offseason. Center in FA and, Guard and LT in the draft. Sets us up to have a great OL with Cousins at QB. 

4 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

That's not really how it works. Lee is a Linebacker not an EDGE, he's perfect at Will and he's getting more consistent. This was only his 4th year playing Linebacker I think.

3 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

That's not really how it works. Lee is a Linebacker not an EDGE, he's perfect at Will and he's getting more consistent. This was only his 4th year playing Linebacker I think.

I actually don’t have confidence he will ever be good. That being said... the staff won’t quit so easy on him with such a big investment in him. He will start.

14 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

him being OLB can be done  if Bowles actually wants 100 percent zone blitz defense but I would trade him to 4-3 team instead of trying him to OLB in 3-4 scheme. His physical presence has been an issue so there is no reason to continue trying him at different spot in physical scheme.  2 years in pro is not enough to quit on him, anyway. 2018 season will be his last year to make a case for 5th option. If Jets happen to fire Bowles and hire Jim Schwartz next winter then Jets could keep him around for two more seasons. Who knows.

If Jets get Edmunds then they will have to double dip on edge since Bowles will ask Edmunds to do some heavy coverage duty that Lee has been used for last 2 years.  Pass rushing remains problematic for Bowles if he wants to improve that area.   One trick pony like Hubbard or Turay can sub in for Lee..

Archived