2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless the Cardinals are getting a HAUL, they're not dealing Carlos Martinez.  Probably want more than what you mentioned a few days ago.  Wacha is on the DL right now, which means if he's going to get dealt it won't be until after the non-waiver deadline has passed.  I still think if the Cardinals are dealing a SP, it should be Miles Mikolas.  And if they're getting anything of remote value, they should move him.

Ozuna isn't going to get dealt.  They'd be selling incredibly low.  Better to run through the rest of the season and hope his value bounce back.  Don't know if Gyorko is a salary dump though.  Maybe nothing special, but he should get a wild card prospect or two.  With you on the Carp thing though.

You might get a guy back, but there's really not that much difference between a salary dump where you get a lottery ticket and a salary dump where you don't.

I think the "rebuild" for the Cardinals would be to:

1. Flip the no-brainer guys like Norris.
  2. Start running the clock out on contracts like Carpenter and Gyorko
  3. Any holes on the team that pop up are filled by prospects to audition or 1 year prove it guys for flipping

Which means you're rebuilding with a .500 ball club basically.

Sanchez clearly not running there.  Completely unacceptable especially after the **** he pulled earlier. 

One of my favorite players so I dont say this lightly.  He should be sent to AAA.  Guy has a serious attitude problem.  You dont come off the DL after a couple weeks and play with zero effort when youre hitting like .190.  Robbie Cano circa 2008 problems. 

3 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Sanchez clearly not running there.  Completely unacceptable especially after the **** he pulled earlier. 

One of my favorite players so I dont say this lightly.  He should be sent to AAA.  Guy has a serious attitude problem.  You dont come off the DL after a couple weeks and play with zero effort when youre hitting like .190.  Robbie Cano circa 2008 problems. 

I'm not sure he's actually fast enough to have made it, but that kind of effort is unacceptable - especially given what happened with his jogging earlier in the game

Also another situation where not batting Judge-Stanton back to back is hurting the Yankees. Didi's not a good enough hitter to break up those two guys, even if it goes righty-righty. And bunting Didi... come on. I'm not a fire Boone/bring back Girardi guy, but the dude can't throw a strike, and you don't even give Didi a chance to make a play?

4 minutes ago, JammerHammer21 said:

I'm not sure he's actually fast enough to have made it, but that kind of effort is unacceptable - especially given what happened with his jogging earlier in the game

Yeah who knows... I get that he's slow but he should've been able to beat that out or at least make it close.  

Not sure what his deal is tbh.  He's been benched, eviscerated in the media, nothing seems to get to him.

Archived