2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think you'd get 2 of them and then some peripheral guys. But I also think that's okay at best for Martinez.

That's the problem.  The Cardinals are going to want an arm and a leg, which is why I think it's unlikely at best that Carlos Martinez is realistically available.  By dealing Carlos Martinez, the FO is essentially giving off the idea of a "rebuild" and considering the Cardinals are consistently in the top 5 in terms of attendance I seriously doubt that the Cardinals' ownership is going to sign off on an LOLastros or Cubs situation.  ESPN goes back as far as 2001 in terms of attendance, and I believe the lowest the Cardinals ranked was 8th in 2004.

The question is there a market for Miles Mikolas, and if so what kind of return would he gather?  At this point, I'm still skeptical the Cardinals would deal him given that I think they have no desire to appear like the Marlins.  But this smells like the Jedd Gyorko situation where the Cardinals refuse to strike while the iron is hot.

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

The Cardinals aren’t trading Carlos. 

I don't think anyone really believes the Cardinals are trading him.  I think we're just disagreeing what kind of package it'd take for the Cardinals to consider moving him.

44 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

Mookie Betts hits a 3 run home run and the Orioles immediately roll out a white tarp due to the rain.

As close to a literal white flag I've ever seen in professional sports.

The Reds or one of its fans pulled a fire alarm when Austin Gomber was pitching a no-hitter just yesterday. 

10 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I think you'd get 2 of them and then some peripheral guys. But I also think that's okay at best for Martinez.

Thats a stretch.  Andujar has been just as valuable as Martinez this year, he's also a 23 year old rookie with 6+ control.  Sheffield is a top-30ish prospect.  

Archived