2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

He was universly top 50 prior to 2018 season (aside from BP at 57) and was as high as 16 on Keith Laws list.

Yeah, I really don't care about Keith Law lol.

I don't agree with the rankings of publications that didn't see him all year until the AFL or didn't see him at all, especially given the issues he has with consistency. 

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Every post you make is about tempering expectations and regression. I say that with a tongue and cheek tone tho so don't be offended.

Ah, gotcha. You’re actually right these days. I suppose I feel obligated to counter all the early season “OMGZ, Player X is unreal!!!” talk that floods the board. Message boards are rarely rational.

On 4/30/2018 at 9:46 PM, Spartica4Real said:

Well Ken Giles is back, hit 100 mph for the first time this season and his FB was consistently 99. Slider had it's insane break again. Since the playoffs and start of this season he's been sitting 95-97 and his slider hasn't broke as much. They said he was injured so it's good to see him back. 

Got his velo back, still implodes. :(

24 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Ah, gotcha. You’re actually right these days. I suppose I feel obligated to counter all the early season “OMGZ, Player X is unreal!!!” talk that floods the board. Message boards are rarely rational.

3 hours ago, mission27 said:

GOAT

I feel for him, he has clear confidence issues, going back to the playoffs last year. I'm sure it doesn't help when your manager and the fans lose trust in you for a while (not that it was wrong to lose confidence). He was so pumped after the 3K save in the first game and seemed confident for the first time in a while, for that to all crash down in one night probably feels super bad.

That said, anyone who has confidence issues isn't fit to be a closer and if he doesn't figure his ish out soon then he'll lose his job to Devo/Harris/Peacock until the deadline where we'll probably acquire a new closer. 

11 hours ago, playmaker8267 said:

It takes a Christian Vazquez fielding error in order to score runs off Sale these days

Vazquez is an extremely overrated defensive catcher, I've longed said this. People get wow'd by his arm, but he's a below average pitch framer and isn't the smartest decision maker. That was a bonehead decision to throw through last night.

Sox defense was atrocious all around last night. Nunez's lack of range continues to give up "hits". The Sox desperately need Pedroia back to sure up the middle of their infield.

Archived