2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

A main concern of mine is hints of being disorganized i.e. players like Hall and Parker being shocked that they were drafted a lot higher than they anticipated I know mock drafts are just really for entertainment for us but they are extremely utilized by football personnel to get an idea of what round and at what point a player pick is the correct value. As well as comments and votes by agents that this offseason agents felt we were the most disorganized and unprepared.

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I really don't understand the Mo Hurst situation. Knew of the condition dating back to 2013. Played at a high level for UofM. What's the issue exactly?

I hope the Raiders decide the risk is worth it day 3. 

I don't know what the exact issue is but Mike Mayock stated yesterday that a lot of teams took him off the board because they felt that putting him on the field was too high of a chance of causing a life-threatening incident

53 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I really don't understand the Mo Hurst situation. Knew of the condition dating back to 2013. Played at a high level for UofM. What's the issue exactly?

I hope the Raiders decide the risk is worth it day 3. 

Heard Mayock compare his condition to that of Hank Gathers (college Bball player back in the 80's, who collapsed and died on the court) If that is true, that is scary stuff and I wouldn't want to be the team that encouraged him to take such risks just to play.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Team needs to go LB Avery / Scales / Cichy preferably 

The LB spot is still a major weakness. No speed. No coverage. And no... Bowman is no the answer. 

Yep yep. Give me at least 1 LB, at least 1 DB, another pass rusher ideally and then a fun, gadgety offensive player. Oh and a punter! 

I do fully expect us to pick up Dickson. Hope not in the 4th.

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Team needs to go LB Avery / Scales / Cichy preferably 

The LB spot is still a major weakness. No speed. No coverage. And no... Bowman is no the answer. 

Not nessesarily true. Morrow and James have speed and coverage but I understand wanting to get more.

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I doubt it.  I wouldn't be mad if we take him in the 4th.  Best player in the draft at his position and a major area of need for us.  

I wouldn't be terribly upset either. We've been drafting for need, and we created a hole by releasing King. 

Really wanted Guice yesterday. Thought he's a top 20 talent in this draft. 

Sounds like there's some red flags on him that I wouldn't know, so I won't complain. Would have loved to get him though.

I actually am one of the few people who likes all the picks we got so far. 

Archived