2018 Draft Thread v.2 - DONE AND IN THE BOOKS

RaidersAreOne

29 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

At this point, there are no OLB options who would challenge Morrow or James for starting playing time. This team doesn't need a WLB, it needs a MLB for base.

There are players left that can push them but the chance of getting a starter gets smaller as we move along.  If I told you before last year that we were projecting those two (6th rounder and an UDFA) to be our starters this year you would have a problem with it.  

13 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

After projected starters Gareon Conley and Rashaan Melvin #Raiders have 10 corners for 3-4 roster spots. 12 total corners. 

Well, say goodbye to Hamilton, McDonald, Hall, Wright if Nelson can do his job. We're not carrying 3 corners. And 4 is unlikely, if you consider past rosters and special teams use it's typically 5-6. It depends, but we're typically overloaded on back 7 players becuse they're the ones who play STs heavily.

I would look at Ejifor, Settle, Crosby, Kiser, Brown, JC Jackson, and Griffin in the 5th.  Would to have two of them regardless of need.  Just pick the best player from here on out but RM has some players I have never heard of that we will select in the last three rounds and they will probably play way beyond what anyone expects.

1 minute ago, holyghost said:

Well, say goodbye to Hamilton, McDonald, Hall, Wright if Nelson can do his job. We're not carrying 3 corners. And 4 is unlikely, if you consider past rosters and special teams use it's typically 5-6. It depends, but we're typically overloaded on back 7 players becuse they're the ones who play STs heavily.

The quote is implying Gareon Conley and Rashaan Melvin have two spots locked, then there is 3 or 4 additional roster spots that the other corners will battle for.

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we bring back bowman 

starters 

Irvin, Bowman, Whitehead 

backups 

Morrow, James/Lee, Lamur

plus Wilborn.... good starters and depth 

Irvin is going to DE.

Poor unit that will continue to be exposed. More of the same.....going to get cut up by RBs in coverage. The defense as a whole will be mediocre. Lacking talent at every level

8 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Yeah I said it leaves 3 or 4 roster spot after the projected starters of Conley and Melvin. So that's 5-6 total.

Still could go Wideout- Roberts could be a training camp cut I like St.Brown, Trey Quinn, Berrios, Deon Cain 

RB- Bo still there 

TE- any sleepers? Lee Smith is an easy upgrade 

Interior Lineman depth - feli last year on contract, Kirkland off a major injury, who knows what cable thinks of Alexander 

Pass rusher- Never can have enough

NT- jelly on a one year deal, drafted a penetrated type in round 2, maybe could draft a stud NT. Any sleepers?

Cb- still could use more talent for depth. Don’t want to count on hall or Wright 

mlb- bowman isn’t back yet so we could maybe land a gem 

p- Kings replacement 

DE- tank and Edwards both on one year contracts 

could go a lot of directions 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Irvin is going to DE.

Poor unit that will continue to be exposed. More of the same.....going to get cut up by RBs in coverage. The defense as a whole will be mediocre. Lacking talent at every level

I know this was said a few months ago, but he will be a DE on 3rd downs.. natural strong side 

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Still could go Wideout- Roberts could be a training camp cut I like St.Brown, Trey Quinn, Berrios, Deon Cain 

RB- Bo still there 

TE- and sleepers? Lee Smith is an easy upgrade 

Interior Lineman depth - feli last year on contract, Kirkland off a major injury, who knows what cable thinks of Alexander 

Pass rusher- Never can have enough

NT- jelly on a one year deal, drafted a penetrated maybe could draft a stud NT. Any sleepers?

Cb- still could use more talent for depth 

mlb- bowman isn’t back yet so we could maybe land a gem 

p- Kings replacement 

DE- tank and Edwards both on one year contracts 

could go a lot of directions 

So every position is possible then.

3 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Yeah I said it leaves 3 or 4 roster spot after the projected starters of Conley and Melvin. So that's 5-6 total.

Yeah prolly be 5-6 

Melvin, Conely, Worley, Nelson, who knows last two spots. Btw Nelson adds special teams value too! I like dbs who can return 

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The quote is implying Gareon Conley and Rashaan Melvin have two spots locked, then there is 3 or 4 additional roster spots that the other corners will battle for.

Gotcha. Nelson, Worley, Hall, who cares.

Archived