2019 to 2020 is NFL 100th Anniversary

Buddyboy

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, lancerman said:

I could see Belichick retiring and it being the Lombardi/Belichick trophy. But I Lombardi really got his name on the trophy after he died so they aren't taking him off it. But if any coach deserves it, it's Belichick. He's been involved 10 Super Bowls. 

If a team wins with an *asterisk season, they can call it the Belichick trophy.

Otherwise, call it the Lombardi.

And count them separately.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, tom cody said:

100 yrs. is quite good for the league. While the game faces some challenges today, it's still a good game and by far the #1 sports league in North America. 

The league has a terrific 100 year history. During WW II, a NY Giants QB, Shipwreck Kelly was OSS in Latin America. Post war, he lived in a rather posh estate on LI.

Check out the Navy V12 program from WW II and the names of legendary coaches/players....

On 4/7/2018 at 7:48 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

FIFY :D

Dude, do we need to make you your own thread? Congrats on your one Super Bowl.. every thread doesn't need to be about the damn Eagles. 

Figured yall would be humble since you've never won a damn thing before.

8 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Dude, do we need to make you your own thread? Congrats on your one Super Bowl.. every thread doesn't need to be about the damn Eagles. 

After the Eagles defeated the Lombardi Packers in 1960, it took three generations to do it again.

10 hours ago, packerrfan74 said:

Honestly, it is about time I got my own thread. 

On 4/13/2018 at 2:33 PM, Buddyboy said:

After the Eagles defeated the Lombardi Packers in 1960, it took three generations to do it again.

Eagles are a great team and very young. I don't know why there are so much Packer fans getting salty, it's not like they had shot at the SB last year once Rodgers went down. I'm not Eagles fan by the way but the Eagles are flat out better than the Packers.

7 hours ago, Classic said:

Eagles are a great team and very young. I don't know why there are so much Packer fans getting salty, it's not like they had shot at the SB last year once Rodgers went down. I'm not Eagles fan by the way but the Eagles are flat out better than the Packers.

The rise of the Eagles as a potential dynasty must have the whole league a bit freaked out. 

Didn't see such a sudden rise of the Vikings or Rams either.

Archived