Packers Big Board #15

Packerraymond

Who is #15 on the Packers Big Board?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is #15 on the Packers Big Board?

• Isaiah Oliver
    • Vita Vea
    • Taven Bryan
    • Rashaan Evans
    • Carlton Davis
    • Da'Ron Payne
    • Calvin Ridley
    • Will Hernandez
    • Mike McGlinchey
    • Connor Williams
    • Derrius Guice
    • DJ Moore

Mike Hughes gets #14. On to #15.

#1 - Bradley Chubb [DE; NC State]

#2 - Saquon Barkley [RB; Penn State]

#3 - Denzel Ward [CB; Ohio State]

#4 - Derwin James [S; Florida State]

#5 - Tremaine Edmunds [LB; Virginia Tech]

#6 - Minkah Fitzpatrick [DB; Alabama]

#7 - Marcus Davenport [EDGE; UTSA]

#8 - Harold Landry [EDGE; Boston College]

#9 - Quenton Nelson [OG; Notre Dame]

#10 - Roquan Smith [ILB; Georgia]

#11 - Leighton Vander Esch [LB; Boise State]

#12 - Jaire Alexander [CB; Louisville]

#13 - Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]

#14 -  Mike Hughes [CB; UCF]

'Back in the tank for E V A N S

Jeremiah take (ranked #20 on his 'board ... but really 16 if you take out the QBs):

Evans is a versatile, playmaking linebacker. He moved all over the field in the Alabama defense. He aligned off the ball in the middle of the defense, stood up outside and even occasionally put his hand in the ground as a defensive end in pass-rush situations. Against the run, he's a tick late to key/read, but once he makes up his mind, he closes in a hurry. He runs right through blockers and if he doesn't make the tackle, he creates a pileup to slow down the ball carrier. He has outstanding speed to range sideline to sideline. He will miss an occasional tackle in space because he rarely breaks down, instead looking for the big hit. In coverage, he can easily mirror tight ends and backs. He will even match up in the slot at times. He isn't a polished pass rusher, but he can win with pure speed and effort. Overall, Evans is a tone-setter on defense and his versatility is a huge asset.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000924797/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft-30

He's my "darkhorse" pick for 14 (or if we move back especially). It'd be a very TT-like curveball from the new GM.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Some serious need reaching going on. 

Do you mean that the board has reaches? Or his comment on Oliver is a reach?

I admittedly am no scout, but when I watched him vs USC it felt like he got beat repeatedly. And by different WR body styles at that. 

I feel like the board went off the rails when people forgot about the distinction between overall talent, and talent that fills holes on GB's roster. I was always under the impression this was a ranking of talent that GB could actually use and plug glaring holes with.

If this was just a big board of generic ranking, well there's literally hundreds or thousands of them already out there. The fact that Nelson is up there at all baffles me, but YMMV I guess. 

29 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I feel like the board went off the rails when people forgot about the distinction between overall talent, and talent that fills holes on GB's roster. I was always under the impression this was a ranking of talent that GB could actually use and plug glaring holes with.

If this was just a big board of generic ranking, well there's literally hundreds or thousands of them already out there. The fact that Nelson is up there at all baffles me, but YMMV I guess. 

Never felt the actual goal of the process was laid out well.  Putting Barkley at #2 is good for an overall big board, but for a GB Packer specific board makes no sense.  Jones and Williams are both on their rookie deals and showed well in 2017 with below average QB play.  Sure Barkley would be an upgrade over them, but not so much that it would negate the much bigger needs at more premium positions elsewhere.

Archived