Titans sign DT Bennie Logan 1/$4M

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

He plays nose, right? Should be an upgrade for us. I like it. Hope we didn't spend too much but I don't think we would.

Was my primary target for the Redskins nose.....hoping somehow Hankins signs.

26 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Solid signing, with Casey,Jones and now Logan on the d-line the titans should be pretty damn good this year front seven wise. 

Eh I’m still worried about our OLB depth and ILB. Morgan and Orakpo are a solid OLB duo but behind them is absolute garbage. We replaced Avery Williamson with Will Compton so not much of an downgrade there if at all. Wouldn’t count out drafting an ILB at 25 though. 

Honestly not even sure if he starts next year. Will likely compete with Austin Johnson for the starting NT spot. Regardless, beyond Casey, Daquan Jones and Johnson, we had virtually no NFL caliber talent on the DL. Logan has had success in the past, so on a one-year, $4 million deal, I'm more than fine with this.

4 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

He plays nose, right? Should be an upgrade for us. I like it. Hope we didn't spend too much but I don't think we would.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

He was not good last year. Ended up as a big downgrade from Poe for us.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly not even sure if he starts next year. Will likely compete with Austin Johnson for the starting NT spot. Regardless, beyond Casey, Daquan Jones and Johnson, we had virtually no NFL caliber talent on the DL. Logan has had success in the past, so on a one-year, $4 million deal, I'm more than fine with this.

He definitely wasn’t his PHI self last year in KC.  A big reason (along with LB play) why the D got abused in the run game.  

Bur here’s the thing - Logan probably is still at least no worse than Sly Williams.   And he could be significantly better if he can regain his 2016 form.   Sly is literally JAG at best.   At least Logan has been a difference maker at his peak.   At the salary a low risk move for 0-tech run D upgrades.  

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

He definitely wasn’t his PHI self last year in KC.  A big reason (along with LB play) why the D got abused in the run game.  

Bur here’s the thing - Logan probably is still at least no worse than Sly Williams.   And he could be significantly better if he can regain his 2016 form.   Sly is literally JAG at best.   At least Logan has been a difference maker at his peak.   At the salary a low risk move for 0-tech run D upgrades.  

Yeah, for $4M it isn't a bad deal. If he plays like last year he'll be a disappointment, if he plays like 2016 he'll be a steal, and anywhere in between he'll pretty much justify the deal. He just wasn't worth the $8M we had him on last year. And I'm betting that's where he probably started negotiations earlier in free agency until he realized no one was gonna give him that again.

3 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Yeah, for $4M it isn't a bad deal. If he plays like last year he'll be a disappointment, if he plays like 2016 he'll be a steal, and anywhere in between he'll pretty much justify the deal. He just wasn't worth the $8M we had him on last year. And I'm betting that's where he probably started negotiations earlier in free agency until he realized no one was gonna give him that again.

Do the Chiefs plan to take a NT early ? BJ.Hill, Settle or Nnadi at #54 ?

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

That's where I'm at. He's actually making less than Sly was going to make this year before being released and has a higher ceiling and a similar floor. Obviously I'm not out here celebrating the signing like it's some steal, but there's so little risk involved that I'll take it.

12 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Do the Chiefs plan to take a NT early ? BJ.Hill, Settle or Nnadi at #54 ?

I wouldn't be surprised. Of course, it depends on how the draft shakes out. But otherwise, our current options at NT are really Xavier Williams (graded out better than Logan if you trust PFF, but on FAR fewer snaps), Justin Hamilton (very late season signing, the team likes him but 0 experience), and Jarvis Jenkins. Jenkins and Williams are both solid players good enough to justify some snaps regardless, but neither fit the mold of what Sutton has generally done with his NTs (both are a bit less stout than Poe/Logan were, and neither could be trusted at this point to handle the snap count we've asked from those guys.) But then again, I'm not sure a rookie could step in and fill that role either, so I think it may be a situation where Sutton just has to adjust. I don't really know draft prospects well enough to say if any of the guys you list would be a likely fit, but NT is definitely one of the bigger question marks on the roster right now. I can at least say that. Probably NT, CB, and S.

Archived