Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

I get we are all sad to see Dez go but the amount of Dak bashing in this thread is digusting.

You guys should be ashamed. He's only a QB going into his third year and has done so much , yes not without flaws but the amount of disrespect here is stupid.

13-3 & 9-7 season. Hello. It isn't that bad considering we were an amazing 8-8 team for a couple years.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

I get we are all sad to see Dez go but the amount of Dak bashing in this thread is digusting.

You guys should be ashamed. He's only a QB going into his third year and has done so much , yes not without flaws but the amount of disrespect here is stupid.

13-3 & 9-7 season. Hello. It isn't that bad considering we were an amazing 8-8 team for a couple years.

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

You need to watch some film on Dak from last year. And that 9-7 record is only because Philly rested their starters.

12 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

My biggest issue isn't simply about Dez's production. If the Cowboys got Sammy Watkins and cut Dez, I could understand it. If they had cut him early on and went after another receiver (Allen Robinson) I could understand it. But to keep Dez on the team until mid April, not offer him a paycut to stay on the team (when you know how much he cares about Dallas) and outright CUT him is basically a slap in the face.  Given the fact that this team has no one remotely close to replacing him and yet they STILL would rather be without his services had to cut Dez deep.

If he goes to another team and destroys us, I won't be angry at all. 

6 TDs and 680 yards is irreplaceable???

Wow, how WR expectations fallen off!

6 and 840, which is on par or more than any 2 from roster put up last season combined. 

It's doable for Hurns, assuming he stays healthy and there is chemistry w/ Dak. TWill just isn't that guy. 

It's really not debatable that WR core took a big step backwards yesterday. 

49 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Agree.  

33 minutes ago, Northland said:

Agree.  

Because our win loss total is a perfect representation of QB play? I guess Rex Grossman was a good QB for the bears? 

I'll argue that we would have been better than 9-7 with better QB play. Because it's pretty obvious we could have. 

I think Scott Linehan deserves some blame too, a long with the OL, AND Dez.

But Dak is not a top 10 QB so when people point out his streaky play, erratic accuracy, risk averse tendencies that turn 3rd and 15 into a 3 yard check down to Witten, and ultimately caused the demise of our franchise leaders in TD receptions who is only 29, plus his slow diagnosis of his reads, and you call those people stupid, it makes me wonder if you even watch the games or just check the score at the end.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Dez contract had no bearing on ability to sign others long term. 

So you rather the team just keep his overinflated contract than possibly use it on other players?? You're not taking into account players whom can breakout ala Tank did last season. What if Tank has another production filled season? What if the team makes a deep run into the postseason but falls short? Dallas will have the flexibility to sign some free agents to help ala how Philly did last year. 

I for one would rather the team have some flexibility next offseason than having chump change an not be able to do nothing. Having options pays dividends.

51 minutes ago, Northland said:

Media overkill.  You'd think we had just released the greatest player to ever wear the star.  I appreciate the contribution Dez has made and wish him well.  What's done is done.  

He is the Cowboys all time leader in reception TDs at age 29. A franchise that had The Playmaker, bullet Bob Hayes, Drew Pearson, Jay Novacek, Witten, Etc... He will always be one of the greatest to wear the star, and certainly has an argument for our best WR of all time. 

But yeah, maybe we should just act like we cut Sam Hurd and move on. Total overreaction. 

Sour grapes

Edited by DaBoys

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

So you rather the team just keep his overinflated contract than possibly use it on other players?? You're not taking into account players whom can breakout ala Tank did last season. What if Tank has another production filled season? What if the team makes a deep run into the postseason but falls short? Dallas will have the flexibility to sign some free agents to help ala how Philly did last year. 

I for one would rather the team have some flexibility next offseason than having chump change an not be able to do nothing. Having options pays dividends.

You realize you could have cut him after the season to accomplish all that right? Lawrence and Martin are under contract. If you need a bit of change for a late addition then you can get that by churning the bottom of the roster like a normal team.

If you think the Dez release was about saving money you are wrong. Financially it makes little sense

Edited by DaBoys

1 hour ago, Tony7188 said:

You need to watch some film on Dak from last year. And that 9-7 record is only because Philly rested their starters.

So then you just gonna discount his AZ game or Chiefs and pretend it didn't happen?

This is ridiculous. He is a 2nd year quarterback. This is insane. He has done so much.

I can not believe the lack of respect Dak is getting here from you guys

14 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

So you rather the team just keep his overinflated contract than possibly use it on other players??

Dez offered to take a pay cut. 

You're not taking into account players whom can breakout ala Tank did last season. What if Tank has another production filled season?

- How much did that breakout season help last year? Have you heard the numbers thrown around to re-sign him long term? If he duplicates last seaason, he's looking at $18-20m/yr.

What if the team makes a deep run into the postseason but falls short?

- You know what Dez has done in playoffs right? That's a guy you want on your team in the playoffs. 

Dallas will have the flexibility to sign some free agents to help ala how Philly did last year. 

- Dallas has already signed how many FAs? Hurns, Fleming ring a bell?

- Again, Dez contract has little bearing on thisActually would have been better financially to keep him this year.

Edited by WizardHawk

20 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Because our win loss total is a perfect representation of QB play? I guess Rex Grossman was a good QB for the bears? 

I'll argue that we would have been better than 9-7 with better QB play. Because it's pretty obvious we could have. 

I think Scott Linehan deserves some blame too, a long with the OL, AND Dez.

But Dak is not a top 10 QB so when people point out his streaky play, erratic accuracy, risk averse tendencies that turn 3rd and 15 into a 3 yard check down to Witten, and ultimately caused the demise of our franchise leaders in TD receptions who is only 29, plus his slow diagnosis of his reads, and you call those people stupid, it makes me wonder if you even watch the games or just check the score at the end.

My lord man. Dak doesn't have to be a top 10 QB. He's only going into his third year and he's taken us to the playoffs once and the other time finished above .500.

We got young teams in the league trying to reach .500 with thier young QBs for years and we are complaning that our young QB that we have to norture isn't Brady or Montana yet.

Get your head outta the clouds and step back on earth.

Our focus right now should be to make Dak comfortable until he matures into a savy veteran QB like rodgers, brady, romo, rivers.

If you guys don't like that go support the browns aka the franchise that throws their young QB's into the fire until they burn.

Sometimes it feels wrong to make the right choices. 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas