WizardHawk

8 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Julio Jones - 3 TD
Keenan Allen - 6 TD
Michael Thomas - 5 TD
Mike Evans - 5 TD
AJ Green - 8 TD
Larry Fitzgerald - 6 TD

Not that TD are the be all end all, but elite receivers have years where they don't post double digit scores. We were clearly spoiled with Dez.

And the haters go:giphy.gif

Edited by DaBoys

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I know this is an emotional time right now, but some of the comments and criticisms about Dak in this thread are really annoying me.  One year from now I want to bump this thread back up. Some of you may need to eat some crow.

Go ahead. But bring a plate and fork because I'll be serving. Daks ceiling is above average game manager, who's best quality will always be "he's a leader," "he's a gamer" and "he won't lose it for you." His physical ability slightly masks his throwing talent which means he will age like milk not wine. We may win with Dak at QB but it will never be because of Dak. His Roty award was a sham. That was Zekes trophy and everyone including Dak knows it. So have at it. You think he will be Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Peyton Rodgers Montana all because he managed to get through his rookie year with only 4 picks then fine. But he's Andy Dalton and we just cut AJ Green because Andy got scared.

Edited by DaBoys

8 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Julio Jones - 3 TD
Keenan Allen - 6 TD
Michael Thomas - 5 TD
Mike Evans - 5 TD
AJ Green - 8 TD
Larry Fitzgerald - 6 TD

Not that TD are the be all end all, but elite receivers have years where they don't post double digit scores. We were clearly spoiled with Dez.

Julio - 88 catches 1440 yards

Allen - 102 catches 1393 yards

Thomas - 104 catches 1245 yards

Evans - 71 catches 1001 yards* - Suspended one game

Green - 75 catches 1078 yards* - Ejected after one half

Fitz - 109 catches 1156 yards

Dez - 69 catches 838 yards

Those other guys made up for the lack of scores. Dez did not. 

3 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Julio - 88 catches 1440 yards

Allen - 102 catches 1393 yards

Thomas - 104 catches 1245 yards

Evans - 71 catches 1001 yards* - Suspended one game

Green - 75 catches 1078 yards* - Ejected after one half

Fitz - 109 catches 1156 yards

Dez - 69 catches 838 yards

Those other guys made up for the lack of scores. Dez did not. 

Julio - Matt Ryan

Allen- Phillip Rivers

Thomas- Drew Brees

Those guys have real QBs.  Dez did not.

Evans- Jameis Winston (not on that level of QB per say but a better QB for guys like Dez and Evans. Plus we are talking 140 more yards and 1 less TD as the difference maker lol). I'd take Winston.

Green - only 240 yards and 2 TDs more than Dez.  Which is Dezs fault for those drops.

Fitz- had FORTY more catches than Dez lol. That's a whole different scheme, brother. Yet he only had 300 more yards and the same amount of TDs. No. Fitz did not do better than Dez on a per target basis. Sorry.

Edited by DaBoys

Just now, DaBoys said:

Julio - Matt Ryan

Allen- Phillip Rivers

Thomas- Drew Brees

Evans- Jamis Winston 

Green - only 240 yards and 2 TDs more than Dez.  Which is Dezs fault for those drops.

Fitz- had FORTY more catches than Dez lol. That's a whole different scheme, brother. Yet he only had 300 more yards and the same amount of TDs. No. Fitz did not do better than Dez on a per target basis. Sorry.

What I'm saying there is that throwing TD stats out there like its the end all comparing these dudes isn't what people should be doing. Look at the totality of their work.

And saying Jamies Winston is a good QB isn't something I'd agree with either lol Fitz is also 100 years old. Dez should be smoking his *** in everything tbh. His name was thrown up there and that's why I put his other stats too. 

Dez production wasn't good enough last year. Dak's production wasn't good enough last year. Dez has been struggling with production so he got cut. I think it was a year too early but that's what the team did. If Dak can't produce this year then its time to draft someone else and move on from him too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MightyMouse07 said:

What I'm saying there is that throwing TD stats out there like its the end all comparing these dudes isn't what people should be doing. Look at the totality of their work.

That's what we are saying as well in regards to the "Dez sucks cuz 6 TDs" stance. There's way more to it than that. 6 TDs are about 30% of Daks TDs. He doesn't throw that many. Guess how many TDs Dez has compared to Romo? 30%. Romo threw a lot of TDs though.

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

Even though yall say its not about the money, this is the NFL, everything is about money in some way shape or form. Whats hard to grasp about this? 

Oh idk, he wasn't offered a pay cut maybe? Perhaps that should be your first clue that it wasn't about the money. Ffs we at least offered DeMarco Murray SOMETHING and everyone acts like we just let him walk. We knew Murray wouldn't sign our pitty offer. NOW THAT was about the money. 

Or how about, the fact that we don't really save that much? Damn sure not $16M.  Maybe that would make it hard to grasp? 

Tie in the fact that there is no one really left to sign/ we don't need the money RIGHT NOW based on the timing.

And lastly Dez tweeting that "this was personal."

We are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. What do you get? Sure if Dez was being paid 7.25/ hour maybe he doesn't get cut.

But Dez can't qualify as a cap casualty. He's not 32 years old like Ware, and we didn't offer him like Murray.

OBVIOUSLY something was going on behind the scenes. And whatever it was it didn't have to do with green backs. Not at the base anyway. The money savings were just a byproduct 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MightyMouse07 said:

Just to counter this, who was the biggest threat for the Jags this last year? Their offense seemed fine with 3 relatively unknown WRs. If you can create a good scheme then it shouldn't matter. Our problem is our coaches can't seem to do that. 

That’s why Fournette averaged under 4 YPC though - they didn’t have a threat so teams were just worried about stopping him. Let’s not pretend the Jags were good because of their offense. And we don’t have anything close to the talent they do defensively.

As for the yards and receptions of the other receivers, I know they made up for it. But my point was we don’t have to worry about the production, you can recreate that in the aggregate. You can’t recreate the threat.

12 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That’s why Fournette averaged under 4 YPC though - they didn’t have a threat so teams were just worried about stopping him. Let’s not pretend the Jags were good because of their offense. And we don’t have anything close to the talent they do defensively.

As for the yards and receptions of the other receivers, I know they made up for it. But my point was we don’t have to worry about the production, you can recreate that in the aggregate. You can’t recreate the threat.

Don't recall anything being wrong with Zeke's YPC in the 3 games Dez missed in 2016 (at SF, vs. CIN, at GB). Those were three of Elliott's biggest games in his career- and Dak's for that matter.

Who would've thought Bortles would have his best season without Allen Robinson, or that Stafford would reinvent himself without Megatron? There can be a hydra effect to this- or perhaps the "Ewing theory" as Bill Simmons has posited. It's not like Dez was helping us score points without Zeke and Tyron. This offense can only get so much worse than it was in the second half of last year. And if it does, everyone will be fired and we'll rejoice.

57 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Don't recall anything being wrong with Zeke's YPC in the 3 games Dez missed in 2016 (at SF, vs. CIN, at GB). Those were three of Elliott's biggest games in his career- and Dak's for that matter.

Don't disagree. Makes me wonder what was wrong with Dak in Romo-friendly offense? Dak did terrific. Zeke did terrific. Dez started fast/ended amazing and posted a career best 15.9 ypr. Fast forward to a Dak-friendlier offense....Dak regresses. Zeke averages a full yard less per carry and Dez has a bad season.