Dez Bryant Released

WizardHawk

56 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Larry Fitzgerald. Never really had a gunslinger/elite QB. Okay, Kurt Warner, but that's 1. He has had some solid years with scrub or retread QB's. 2013 and 2015 10 and 9 TD's respectively with C. Palmer.

I think Palmer would qualify as a gunslinger plus Arians system was very aggressive.  I never said the QB had to be an elite gunslinger for WRs to produce.  Just needed the arm and system to pull it off.  Our system is/was the complete opposite w/o Romo.

Edited by will2ill
  • Like 1

Some of this over reaction is going too far. No one knows all the details.

I hate that Dez is gone, but nothing we can do about it.

Pressure is on Dak now but we cant place all the blame on him why Dez had a decline in numbers.

He dropped passes, he was injured, he ran some questionable routes. All that is on him.

Scheme and involvement is on the coaches.

Dak deserves his fair share of the blame too for a lot of questionable throws. 

Also to say Dak needs to have better passing stats yet at the same time complain that we do not run enough. Who cares what his stats are. If he wins and makes the throws he needs to make, I dont care if he throws for 50 yards or 500. It is all in context. He has shown the ability to take over games when needed more so than he has lost us games. 

I do believe Dak has a lot to prove this year but to put a lot of the blame on him as the reason why Dez has declined is just not necessary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

If he doesn't improve will organization point finger at WR again? 

I have no problem with Dak's development. We'll most likely know come end of Oct. what we have with Dak. If its somewhere between rookie Dak and last season Dak, Dallas is in good shape. If he trends more to last season Dak, probably in trouble. 

They might, and maybe deservedly so, if they surround Dak with the current squad of WRs/TEs.

But I do think the offensive line's health and freakin Coaching/staff have far more impact to Dak's success/failure next year IMO. 

23 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Some of this over reaction is going too far. No one knows all the details.

I hate that Dez is gone, but nothing we can do about it.

Pressure is on Dak now but we cant place all the blame on him why Dez had a decline in numbers.

He dropped passes, he was injured, he ran some questionable routes. All that is on him.

Scheme and involvement is on the coaches.

Dak deserves his fair share of the blame too for a lot of questionable throws. 

Also to say Dak needs to have better passing stats yet at the same time complain that we do not run enough. Who cares what his stats are. If he wins and makes the throws he needs to make, I dont care if he throws for 50 yards or 500. It is all in context. He has shown the ability to take over games when needed more so than he has lost us games. 

I do believe Dak has a lot to prove this year but to put a lot of the blame on him as the reason why Dez has declined is just not necessary.

Bingo X 5

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

Also to say Dak needs to have better passing stats yet at the same time complain that we do not run enough.

I complain that we don't have a play caller that is experienced calling plays for a run oriented team based on his resume, and certain play calls in big situations or games that leave me questioning his value to a roster like ours. 

I also think we have an average at best QB, which makes me want to run the ball more/better/differently, yes. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

But it's okay to blame Dez for Daks struggles.... just not the other way around. 

No it's not and that was not my point. Blame needs to be placed on the entire offense. 

O-Line wasnt nearly as good as it should have been. Zeke was suspended. T-Will was terrible. 

I think Dez's struggles was a mix of more than 1 person. Dez dropped passes, was injured and at times ran some terrible routes. That is all on him.

Dak deserves his fair share. He was erratic, was late processing reads, had terrible throws and didnt seem to trust Dez in certain situations. That is all on Dak.

Blame needs to be placed on the coaching staff as well. Running some predictable play calling or not adjusting the blocking/personnel when Dak is taking hit after hit.

The offense as a whole struggled. Not because of one person.

In my opinion, I rather have gotten a new coaching staff than get rid of Dak or Dez.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPJ said:

No it's not and that was not my point. Blame needs to be placed on the entire offense. 

O-Line wasnt nearly as good as it should have been. Zeke was suspended. T-Will was terrible. 

I think Dez's struggles was a mix of more than 1 person. Dez dropped passes, was injured and at times ran some terrible routes. That is all on him.

Dak deserves his fair share. He was erratic, was late processing reads, had terrible throws and didnt seem to trust Dez in certain situations. That is all on Dak.

Blame needs to be placed on the coaching staff as well. Running some predictable play calling or not adjusting the blocking/personnel when Dak is taking hit after hit.

The offense as a whole struggled. Not because of one person.

In my opinion, I rather have gotten a new coaching staff than get rid of Dak or Dez.

Yeah, I agree. It's just easier to attack the guy who DIDN'Tget the axe. 

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Yeah, I agree. It's just easier to attack the guy who DIDN'Tget the axe. 

Fair.

I would be more upset this year if we take a step back and not because of Dak but because of the coaching staff. 

If that happens and the staff that didnt want Dez gets fired and Dez lights it up somewhere else, is my worst nightmare.

3 hours ago, will2ill said:

I think Palmer would qualify as a gunslinger plus Arians system was very aggressive.  I never said the QB had to be an elite gunslinger for WRs to produce.  Just needed the arm and system to pull it off.  Our system is/was the complete opposite w/o Romo.

Carson Palmer was never a gunslinger.

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

2015 Carson Palmer numbers rival Daks career numbers. He threw for nearly 4,700 yards and 35 TDs with just 11 picks. He threw 537 times that's year. The Cardinals have been one of the most pass dominate teams in the league over the last 5 years.

You dont say. Has C. Palmer ever put up those numbers in Cinn? He came close in in 2nd, 3rd and 4th year, but that is more to the point of Fitzgerald being better than anything he had in Cinn

.https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PalmCa00.htm

C. Palmer was in his prime when he put up those numbers. He put up his BEST in the year that you mentioned.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Certainly was a more pure passer than Dak though.

No doubt about that, but that doesn’t make him a gunslinger. Gunslinging QBs are guys who take tons of risks like Favre and Romo. Palmer has always been more conservative with the ball and didn’t make hairbrained choices by forcing the ball into windows where he shouldn’t be throwing.